Board index PBase Feature Requests Does it have to be WHITE?

Feature Requests

Does it have to be WHITE?

Request changes or modifications.
cwest

Does it have to be WHITE?

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 am

I spend a great deal of time on pbase, and would really like to be able to choose the background colour of the window for searching, browsing recent photographs etc. I have a huge monitor and after a very short time my eyes are ready to go squint because of the bright white light. How about something a little more friendly on the eyes, like a dark grey or even black - or better still, a choice?
Chris

soenda

Re: Does it have to be WHITE?

Post Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:45 am

Have you seen the various style sheets for setting up your galleries? That was one of the first things I did when I joined. My own galleries are charcoal gray. Bright blue is another option as is black.

Go to your root gallery edit page. In the top third of the actual edit page, on the left, is a line labeled "style sheet." Follow that a little way across the page until you get to drop downs. I think it's self explanatory after that.

Good luck.

PS: See the forum entitled "HTML and Style Sheets, " which is immediately below this on on the forum index page. There you'll find a wealth of ideas.

lucidity

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 am

i think they mean not white for the main PBase site pages...

I don't think there is an option in pbase for that, but you could try opera internet browser with a custom user.css file to set the background to black

ernst

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Of course I don't know whether you have a calibrated monitor, but usually standard factory settings for monitors are way too bright and contrasty. You may want to try a much lower brightness level or - better - calibrate your monitor with a dedicated device like EyeOne, Spyder of ColorMunki.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Does it have to be WHITE?