Board index PBase Feature Requests Easier way to rearrange photos within album

Feature Requests

Easier way to rearrange photos within album

Request changes or modifications.
btblue

Easier way to rearrange photos within album

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:15 pm

The numbering system for rearranging images within an album is at the very least cumbersome. There should be a way to move images around with copy & paste or just dragging. Is this possible?
BTBlue
NYC

lewinp

Re: Easier way to rearrange photos within album

Post Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:59 pm

could not agree more - ridiculous that it takes hand HTML coding of the sort order. I do not know why after so many years and complaints they have nor done a thing to make the interface easier. I have been using Facebook more and more (which is free by the way), because its drop and drag album capabilities work much better for me. It takes long enough to edit and optimize digital photos after a big trip, the last thing you should have to do is spend a lot of extra time in pBase to arrange them in a nice order.

jgayman

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Actually, I'm okay with the current system. I'm a sports shooter and at times I get up to 800+ galleries and 100,000+ photos on PBase. I sequence my photos before I upload them. On the rare occasion I need to re-arrange something after it's uploaded the current numbering system works. I'm not sure how I would drag and drop photos within a 500-image gallery anyway.

- John

qixote

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:13 pm

I have to agree that the PBase numbering system for sequencing photos is cumbersome to use, especially if a gallery has many photos. When I process photos locally the file date changes, which messes up sorting somewhat. My uploads usually are very slow, so I tend to create zip files that contain 20 - 30 image files, rather than an entire gallery of 100+. This leads to very odd arrangements on PBase.

The EXIF date is preserved, so I wonder if that could be used to properly order the photos. Usually I want them sequenced by date. Even if the EXIF date could be displayed with the thumbnail it would help greatly when manually editing a gallery.

goislands

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Personally I consider the renumbering system superior to drag and drop. It is clearly more generic, allows for easy handling of a large amount of images. Drag and drop might be advantageous only in certain class of cases, where the images in question are in proximity to each other.

I would rather wish, and I am sure we asked for that for years, to be able to order images vertically, not only horizontally, or to have a "sticky" feature, to keep some images or galleries on a fixed place regardless changes in gallery. Also a auto-traversal into sub-galleries, return to the top gallery once the sub-gallery is ended, would be great to "tell a photographic story with chapters."

ralf

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

qixote wrote:The EXIF date is preserved, so I wonder if that could be used to properly order the photos.

That's been possible for ages -- just go into "Sequencing" from the gallery edit page and select "sort by Exif date" from the pulldown.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Easier way to rearrange photos within album