Board index PBase Feature Requests email notification for pbase PM

Feature Requests

email notification for pbase PM

Request changes or modifications.
tsienni

email notification for pbase PM

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi,

I've been with Pbase since the beginning of 2007. At times I was not active on this site, for this reason I would appreciate if there's an option to get an email notification if someone sends me a PM at Pbase. Often when I logged in, I found out that the private mails I received here were already getting quite old. Not cool if a message was urgent.

Thanks for reading this.

/tsienni

p.s. I would even like to have the option to receive email notification for replies to this very forum thread, if any.

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Re: email notification for pbase PM

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:36 pm

I empathize with this request. I've had this happen myself. PBase Mail has been worked on and I'll see if that can be added in if it hasn't been already. Okay, turns out that the new email system will have RSS feeds. It would be possible then to have an RSS reader send the updates to your email, but we may also add auto-emailing as well.

For the forum notifications, you can actually set the forum to notify you when there are replies to your threads by default. There is also a subscribe system which sends emails to you whenever there is a reply to a thread you've subscribed to. Now, it may be that it won't email you(and the subscribe system is hidden) because I've set the forum to not send emails. If the forum is set to email users, it emails them when they register for the forum. Since we've set it so that the forum registers the user invisibly, it would be strange to get an email from us saying "Welcome and thank you for registering!" especially if they registered for PBase long before visiting the forum. I can do some tweaks to take that part out, but at the time of setting this up it was a lot simpler to just disable emails.

tsienni

Re: email notification for pbase PM

Post Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:08 am

I sent you a PM a while ago, not sure you received it. Thanks again, Nooutlet, for the response. I appreciate it.

Board index PBase Feature Requests email notification for pbase PM