Board index PBase Feature Requests Need a quick delete option for a Gallery!!

Feature Requests

Need a quick delete option for a Gallery!!

Request changes or modifications.
jgayman

Need a quick delete option for a Gallery!!

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm

I shoot sports. All my events are arranged in a tree structure; Sport -> Year -> School -> Team -> Sub-team. This works great except when it's time to start a new season. I need to delete thousands of photos in hundreds of galleries. There is no way for me to quickly delete an entire season to get ready for the new season. I must delete the contents of each gallery and then work my way up to the parent gallery. Even when PBase is running fast this process can take HOURS... and I mean HOURS. I can easily spend an entire day cleaning up a few sports. PLEASE, can we have an option to delete an entire gallery or tree? I understand the current options exist for safety but couldn't you easily have a prompt "You are about to delete an entire gallery, are you sure?" Followed by a "Click to delete ENTIRE gallery". We can certainly take responsibility for our own actions.

I'm sitting here trying to get ready for the 2009-2010 season and it will take me days to clean up all my old galleries.

Thanks!!!

sbbish

Re: Need a quick delete option for a Gallery!!

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:03 pm

When I go in to edit any of my galleries (even ones high in the tree), there is a big button that says "Delete This Gallery". I'm not about to click it just to see what happens, since I don't want to delete my stuff. But does this button not do what you want? If not, can you tell me what it DOES do? I'm curious.

mwhabib

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm

sbbish wrote:When I go in to edit any of my galleries (even ones high in the tree), there is a big button that says "Delete This Gallery". I'm not about to click it just to see what happens, since I don't want to delete my stuff. But does this button not do what you want? If not, can you tell me what it DOES do? I'm curious.

The "delete this gallery" button won't work if there is any image left in it.
You have to first delete all the images and then you can get rid of the gallery.
Marwan Habib

sbbish

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:31 pm

mwhabib wrote:The "delete this gallery" button won't work if there is any image left in it.
You have to first delete all the images and then you can get rid of the gallery.

Ah, okay. Good to know!

jgayman

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:42 pm

mwhabib wrote:The "delete this gallery" button won't work if there is any image left in it.

Exactly! Once empty, deleting the gallery itself is quick. It's deleting the images that takes a long time - especially a gallery of galleries of galleries. :?

- John

Board index PBase Feature Requests Need a quick delete option for a Gallery!!