Board index PBase Feature Requests Facebook Interface

Feature Requests

Facebook Interface

Request changes or modifications.
fishit

Facebook Interface

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 pm

I have seen some of the other quality photo websites on the net are interfacing with Facebook allowing users to share.
The advantage seems to be a win-win-win the site like PBase gets free advertising on Facebook, the users gets extended exposure.
Facebook gets quality content feed from sites like PBase, Flickr does it but I am not a Flickr fan.

So the question is are there any plans for PBase to start a interface with Facebook?
From what I have read and seen it seems Facebook is open to working with such sites as PBase.
Will this option be explore or implemented in the near future?

halesr

Re: Facebook Interface

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:09 pm

I hope this does work out. Please keep us posted if you decide to work on this.--Rene

robertwhite

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 am

This does seem to be a good idea and there is an awful lot of pbase members that are also on facebook but sadly I feel this like a lot of other good idea's falls on deaf ears

kstuebin

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Pbase does not support rss feeds. If it did, you could burn a feed to any site you wanted.

As a work around, there is an add on for Firefox called "Add This" that lets you post web pages to Facebook. Twitter, Stumble Upon, whatever.

To be honest, I'd rather they not tackle this right now. It has been how many months and the stats still don't function and they have been working on them the whole time.

I'm afraid if they try something really complicated the whole site will crash again.

yardbird

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 pm

dougj

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 am

Yardbird is right, of the 3 I use the comments RSS feed, seems to work OK with Outlook. I don't know how it works with Facebook, etc., perhaps someone who uses it with other readers, or gives it a try, can post their results.

ohadr

Facebook Interface - do it !! :-)

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:58 pm

to make PBase modern, it is good if it supported Facebook... and uploading photos - suppose to be better to, using ActiveX's, etc...

Board index PBase Feature Requests Facebook Interface