Board index PBase Feature Requests I would like...(please!)

Feature Requests

I would like...(please!)

Request changes or modifications.
nickythurgar

I would like...(please!)

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 pm

1. A means for people who view my site to be able to buy my photos and other things (photobooks, gifts, cards, etc), and for me to add a mark up on them. Preferably with a UK based printing company (although I appreciate that there will of course be a USA printing co too)
2. A means for me to easily share my photos via Facebook/email
3. More gallery display options (ie grouped thumbnails to the left, BIG image to the right as per S*****g) (I'm not an html expert, although I appreciate that if you are Pbase is good for that)

For the moment that's it! It's what most other photo sites now offer as a matter of course...if Pbase could do this... for ME it would be perfect and I would renew my subscription! :D

joanteno

Re: I would like...(please!)

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Dear Slug, Emily, and the Pbase crew,

I would love to see some improvement to Pbase - because the community of photographers here is great.

1. My number one concern is that amount of time it take to load a picture to a gallery. I will load one picture to pbase while Smugmug will load
five pictures.

2. It takes too long to comment on other persons photographs. Usually, I comment and wait 2-4 minutes for that comment to be posted. Typically, I now do face book while waiting for pbase to post a comment.

3. An iphone app would be great addition.

Hang in there - I hope that you can pull it together.

Best,

Joan

fstopintl

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

nickythurgar wrote:1. A means for people who view my site to be able to buy my photos and other things (photobooks, gifts, cards, etc), and for me to add a mark up on them. Preferably with a UK based printing company (although I appreciate that there will of course be a USA printing co too)
2. A means for me to easily share my photos via Facebook/email
3. More gallery display options (ie grouped thumbnails to the left, BIG image to the right as per S*****g) (I'm not an html expert, although I appreciate that if you are Pbase is good for that)

For the moment that's it! It's what most other photo sites now offer as a matter of course...if Pbase could do this... for ME it would be perfect and I would renew my subscription! :D

Yep , this would be great as i have a lot of ideas for Tshirts, mugs, stickers, and so on. Chris (fstopintl) pbase.

1designguy

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:41 pm

I'll second Nicky's request almost word for word. Would be so nice to have a selling tool!

madlights

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 pm

...didn't they promise that we could sell at least photos, to someone other than ourselves, a couple of years back? I'd like these features too.

snobunny61

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm

Some more style sheets to chose from, the style sheets available have been the same for a loooong, loooong, time.

ac

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:30 pm

And stats like before. And a quicker upload for comments and photos.
And a larger place (and traffic) for photos, like in some other sites. Many other sites.
And communication with clients.
Minimalist list for me ! Just simply a site that works, with no bells and whistles.

velvin_photography

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 am

I have a web site that i use for my work and i use pbase for storing my photos, if people come to my pbase site from my web site is there a way to let people return directly to my web site from where ever they are in my pbase gallery? can i put a link on my pbase page to my web site? :If this is not available at this stage can it be added to the pbase site.

milanogreg

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:09 am

There are two features available on Deviantart that result in me spending a lot more time there than here...

1) A feature that posts all new posts from you Favorite Artists (just the image, not a gallery link) to an 'in-box' that allows you to quickly see new posts from your friends/community and comment quickly on them. This is a great way to keep up with friends and develop a community.

2) A 'favorites' gallery of where you can display favorite shots of other artists you have discovered or come upon (links back to there site). A great way to find interesting and new artists on others sites.

They also have rather easy to use journals, etc. where individuals commonly introduce new artists or recent postings of interest.

Bottom line, its much better tailored to develop a 'community' . I wish Pbase would get on it with new features. You're getting 'left in the dust' unfortunately.

ac

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:06 pm

I stay on my position.

I just want stats like before. And a quicker upload for comments and photos.
And a larger place (and traffic) for photos, like in some other sites. Many other sites.
And communication with clients. NOTHING else.
Minimalist list for me ! Just simply a site that works, with no bells and whistles.

I just bought, five minuts ago, 20Gb/year on a continuously growing PicasaWeb for... 5$ a year !!!
Go and see it.

Board index PBase Feature Requests I would like...(please!)