Board index PBase Feature Requests Watermarks

Feature Requests

Watermarks

Request changes or modifications.
fstopintl

Watermarks

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:49 am

HI there
I apologise if this had been requested already, but what about a watermark feature to be added to images at request to a whole / part gallery or even individual photos? Probably a p.base logo or even a possiblity to add our own? (after uploading would be preferable)
Chris.

paulferguson

Re: Watermarks

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:34 pm

I can see this is an old thread, but I'd like to add my vote to this. An optional feature of course, but it would be very handy to have pbase watermark all my photos as part of the upload process.

thanks in advance
Paul

gardengirl13

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Bumping this again. I agree, it would be nice to have a button to click to get watermarks put on all your photos.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:56 pm

We will keep your request in mind.

Thanks,
Emily

fstopintl

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 am

emily wrote:We will keep your request in mind.

Thanks,
Emily

any news?

fishit

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:28 am

I agree this would be a very nice feature for PBase.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I agree to some extent about the copyright watermark, but it shouldn't be a PBase logo.
Maybe the option for each member to create their own watermark to the specifications given to us by PBase and then we can set each of our galleries within our account to use or not to use the watermark, preferably a LARGE watermark for those Braising companies that think they can steal our photos for advertising without even putting in a request.
My signature " © Ruth C. Taylor YYY" is placed on every single one of my photos uploaded to the internet including PBase, but they still just crop them out or clone them out for their own purposes. Google Image search has made it extremely easy for us to now find who stole our images and posted them online.

I would also like that should we decide to undo the larger copyright on any given album, we can do so easily, then have to option to turn it back on.
I'm asking this because many times I just need my web version of one of my photos at PBase but don't need a huge watermark on the photo.
I grab my own PBase photos online to place on my individual newly created "COA Certificate of Authenticity" that I include with each of my matted and framed prints at art shows and galleries.

fishit

Post Fri May 18, 2012 1:46 am

emily wrote:We will keep your request in mind.

Thanks,
Emily

Just hoping it is still on the radar, this is a nice safety feature, I know this is not a easy request..

dct

Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:07 pm

I also would like to have a watermarking option on PBase. At the moment I have no images bigger than 800px published, because this size is not really interesting to copy. But it would be nice if I could upload also a few high resolution pictures with an automatic PBase watermarking.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:48 pm

dct wrote: At the moment I have no images bigger than 800px published, because this size is not really interesting to copy.

:D don't be so sure about that :D
Every single one of my images stolen are those between 750-800 mpx on the long side. Some crop what they need even if they do a square crop for their advertising purposes, its all for the web, so they don't need anything higher than 750 even if they paid me to use my images for the web, I only give them a web version, NEVER a high res version unless its for a printed magazine.

pierre_lachaine

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 am

Unless you really deface the image with it, I don't see how a watermark would prevent most stealing. If they copy and crop out of small web-sized images anyway, a watermark would have to cover a significant part of the image to be of any use. Who would want to display galleries with pictures like that, and who would want to look at them?

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:25 am

Plenty of professional websites where photographers sell their work have a large © over the image. People still look and people buy, it doesn't deter them.
You need to make it large enough and placed in an area that its not so close to the bottom that cropping the image doesn't effect the composition.
If someone wants to use the full image online, especially for business use, they won't and now can't if it has a large © across it.
If you didn't have the brazen idiots out there stealing our work, non of this would even be discussed.
So unfortunately we have to protect our work just like we put a lock on our front doors to keep intruders out.

fstopintl

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:46 am

reflectionsbyruth wrote:Plenty of professional websites where photographers sell their work have a large © over the image. People still look and people buy, it doesn't deter them.
You need to make it large enough and placed in an area that its not so close to the bottom that cropping the image doesn't effect the composition.
If someone wants to use the full image online, especially for business use, they won't and now can't if it has a large © across it.
If you didn't have the brazen idiots out there stealing our work, non of this would even be discussed.
So unfortunately we have to protect our work just like we put a lock on our front doors to keep intruders out.

So Emily/Slug

After 6 years of waiting, we still have no watermarking facility 'OR' a purchase facility for customers!!!
I believe PBase never will!!!!!!

rsbfotos

FREE WATERMARKING

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:07 pm

fstoprintl

There are two FREE programs that I am aware of that have WATERMARK option features.
Faststone Image Viewer and Picasa. I do not have a handle on the Faststone - yet.
There might be others I'm not aware of that someone else can mention.

I am most familiar with Picasa. For anyone not familiar with the program, it is not a very powerfull PP program and simple enough to learn in one night.
There are two ways of watermarking from Picasa. One is from its "export" screen accessed from the bottom section of edit its page.
The better one is from the "Text" application feature on the first 'edit' screen.
Try anyone of these to see if they can help you.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Watermarks