Board index PBase Feature Requests Please update Sony camera list!

Feature Requests

Please update Sony camera list!

Request changes or modifications.
zackiedawg

Please update Sony camera list!

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 pm

For some reason, Sony's list of cameras in the database is the only one that seems to have stopped updating in 2008. Nikon, Canon, Oly, etc all seem to have newer models up...maybe a month or two behind on the newest camera to hit the market...but Sony has nothing from 2009, and is missing quite a swath of cameras from the list.

I can't possibly know all the P&S models missing, since there are many - but notably the WX1 and TX1 which have been out for months now. And on the DSLR side, the A230, 330, and 380 have been out nearly a year, while the A850 for several months now...and the A500 & A550 which have been out for a few weeks now as well.

Just an FYI. I've been shooting with an A550 and uploading to pbase for nearly a month, and have hundreds of shots up, but still cannot choose the body in the dropdown list for cameras, and still not showing in search.

I had sent an e-mail to cameras@pbase.com a week or two ago, but no response, so I figured I'd also note it here.

Thank you.

zackiedawg

Re: Please update Sony camera list!

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Just updating again...still no Sony cameras listed since middle of 2008. Dozen or more models not listed from 2009. 5 or 6 DSLRs not listed. Galleries are currently up and running on PBase from many of these cameras for months or up to a year. Would love to put my camera in the camera data field, and have images searchable by model for these cams.

bobfloyd

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Zackie,

I have had decent luck getting what I want added to the list by e-mailing my specific request to Tech Support here. In fact, I got many of the Minolta lenses added that are an option today and a few of the Sony lenses as well.

I had a long discussion about this with someone who used to work Tech Support for Pbase. What I found out is that Pbase adds things as they get press releases for them. They do not actively try to keep up with every release from every manufacturer. So if you are not seeing regular updates to Sony gear it is likely because Sony does not send the releases to Pbase. Nikon and Canon were specifically mentioned as doing this and I was told that Minolta did not which is why that section was so incomplete.

zackiedawg

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:17 am

Is tech support at Pbase at a different e-mail than the 'cameras@pbase address? I sent messages to them via that e-mail but received no response and no action so far. If tech support is at a different address, I'd be happy to send the list of models to update to them at that address.

Thanks.

goislands

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Same here regarding Lumix FZ38/FZ35! However considering the recent system outage and new DB version, Slug wrote that he actually "lived" in the office for a while, I would consider camera DB a lesser issue. Still, noted is that I have also send out some requests and never saw any reaction...

Thomas

zackiedawg

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Sent original e-mail request 11/13/09...this thread on 11/22/09...second e-mail request 11/30/09. Third e-mail request sent on 12/15/09. Fourth and most recent e-mail request sent 1/15/10. No replies, no results so far. Just keeping this refreshed in hopes that my camera (Sony DSLR-A550) can eventually find its way to the camera search list.

zackiedawg

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Following up again. Still no DSLR-A550 added. Multiple requests sent to cameras@pbase.com over last 3 months. I've uploaded over 1,000 photos now from this camera, so the samples would be plentiful. Just sent request #5 today.

Also added photos for a new camera, Sony DSC-TX1 to my galleries - that camera also is not in the database. Also been requested. Only 1 Sony cam has been added since 2008 to that list...so I'm thinking there just isn't much support for Sony cameras here on pbase, as the Canon and Nikon lists seem to be updated within hours of new cameras hitting the market.

I'll keep trying though!

dougfrost

Please add the Sony A850 too!

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:29 am

The Sony DSLR-A850 has been out since last August, and it's still not in the camera database.

dougj

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 am

I just sent the 4th request to add the A550, along with a photo of the camera again.

zackiedawg

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Popnfresh...in my first request to them, I actually listed all the missing Sony cameras from 2008 & 2009 up to that time, both DSLR and P&S. They are missing 7 DSLR models that I can see - A230, 330, 380, 450, 500, 550, and 850. I also named probably 12 P&S models.

In my more recent requests, I've stuck to just the cameras I have - the A550 and TX1 - in hopes that the less intensive request might get a better reception. Two of the requests, I only requested updating for the A550. No feedback so far, to e-mails or forum posts.

dougj

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 pm

The A550 was just added, requests from several members seems to have worked.

zackiedawg

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:08 am

That's a start! It does now show up in the camera drop-down list, so I can attach it to my photos. It doesn't show up under the camera search in the camera database yet, but that's not as important to me as it was to get it in the list. Hopefully one day it will make the camera database too, with samples from our galleries...but as this horse is a gift, it has a mouth I shall not see.

dougj

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 am

It's in the 'Search by Camera' list, but it's the last one in the Sony DSLR list and the photo & details are not included. A bit odd, but at least it's there.

woodlandcougar

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:48 am

Now it's June 15th 2010. Where is the 850???????

Pbase add the Sony a850!
Pbase add the Sony a850!
Pbase add the Sony a850!
Pbase add the Sony a850!
Pbase add the Sony a850!

Please and Thank you.

woodlandcougar

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:45 am

Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
Sony a850
All work and no Sony a850 makes Jack a dull boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Pbase please add SONY A850

Thank You

Next

Board index PBase Feature Requests Please update Sony camera list!