Board index PBase Feature Requests Please - Need expert delete function!

Feature Requests

Please - Need expert delete function!

Request changes or modifications.
jgayman

Please - Need expert delete function!

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:50 am

I need a mechanism that would allow me to delete multiple galleries without first clearing them out. Each new sports season I must delete all the galleries from the previous season. This can amount to 100 galleries and tens of thousands of images. It literally takes me 5-6 hours to first delete the images and then the gallery. I understand the current system is designed to avoid accidental erasure of images but can't we simply have it where you click the "Delete gallery" button and it prompts you with something like "You are about to delete a complete gallery of images!" and then a second click. Surely there is something that could be easily added to facilitate clean-up of old galleries.

Thanks!

arshutterbug

Administrative bypass on delete function?

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 am

I also want to delete many albums and their subalbums quickly. The problem is that PBase doesn't believe me when I tell it to Delete. If I try to delete an album, PBase tells me that it's not empty:

"Gallery not empty. In order to prevent accidental deletion, please remove all images from this gallery before deleting it."

I know that it's not empty, and I want to delete it. It's not an accident. Don't I get a prompt or something that lets me type OK or YES and then the server will delete what I selected?

Even if it is empty, I get this message after clicking Remove Selected Items:

"If you really want to delete the gallery completely, then edit it and use the Delete Gallery button."

That might work for someone with a small portfolio, but not when there are over 10,000 files spread over several hundred albums, and I want to delete them all in about an hour. Do you know how long it would take me to click through each album, edit it, delete all of the images, reload each page, delete the album itself, and then move to the next one for a few hundred times more? Too long to be affordable.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Please - Need expert delete function!