Board index PBase Feature Requests Default in Image Size When Browsing

Feature Requests

Default in Image Size When Browsing

Request changes or modifications.
dtuason

Default in Image Size When Browsing

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm

I wish...

pbase let the members override the default in image size when browsing.

After consulting with the forum I do understand why it's set to Large...but I think the members should have the option to override this...I mean a lot of members just upload photos in small sizes like I do. Most of the time I just upload 960 by 640 shots only.

Thanks in advance!

Danny :)

sdommin

Re: Default in Image Size When Browsing

Post Thu May 06, 2010 1:04 pm

I agree with you, Danny. We've been asking for this for a long time to no avail.
Scott

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/sdommin/favorites

prinothcat

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm

dtuason wrote:I wish...

After consulting with the forum I do understand why it's set to Large...but I think the members should have the option to override this...I mean a lot of members just upload photos in small sizes like I do. Most of the time I just upload 960 by 640 shots only.

Thanks in advance!

Danny,
If I read this right you're asking to have your largest size image at 960x640 displayed and the original size eliminated? If this is the case and you can live without the 160 pixels on the long side, you can use 800xPPP pixels and the large size becomes your default.

To those who want the original size to default and upload full res photos, I say no thank you. I wish to view an image in it's entirety with out scrolling around. I do not have a monster display, just my lap top. Second even on a fast DSL connection those originals are slow to load for what ever reason. I know if I have to wait, I'm not interested. If I have to wait and then resize the image so that I can see it all, I am gone before your image can have any impact beyond, this is too awkward to be bothered with. Large sizes are great for walls and real space. Not so much on my laptop. Your Milage May Very.
Chris

dtuason

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:54 pm

sdommin wrote:I agree with you, Danny. We've been asking for this for a long time to no avail.

Thanks!

But...it looks like my wish will never come true...hehehe! i just got a reply from Jehan.

dtuason

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 pm

prinothcat wrote:
dtuason wrote:I wish...

Thanks in advance!

Danny,
If I read this right you're asking to have your largest size image at 960x640 displayed and the original size eliminated? If this is the case and you can live without the 160 pixels on the long side, you can use 800xPPP pixels and the large size becomes your default.

To those who want the original size to default and upload full res photos, I say no thank you. I wish to view an image in it's entirety with out scrolling around. I do not have a monster display, just my lap top. Second even on a fast DSL connection those originals are slow to load for what ever reason. I know if I have to wait, I'm not interested. If I have to wait and then resize the image so that I can see it all, I am gone before your image can have any impact beyond, this is too awkward to be bothered with. Large sizes are great for walls and real space. Not so much on my laptop. Your Milage May Very.
Chris

Yes...you read me right Chris! Since most of my shots are uploaded at 960 by 640 I wish people who visit my galleries (however few they are) view my shots at 960 by 640...

...and I don't want to chop the extra 160 pixels....

a few of my galleries (test galleries) contain shots that are uncropped...unprocessed...but almost nobody goes there anymore...they are just test shots...for people to download (with my permission) and do their own PP.

prinothcat

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:35 pm

dtuason wrote: Since most of my shots are uploaded at 960 by 640 I wish people who visit my galleries (however few they are) view my shots at 960 by 640...

I'm curious as to why 960x640 or 8.889"x13.33" @72 ppi. It seems arbitrary, but then so is my 800x536, but that's because I use the 800 pixel long side rule of thumb that many here adopted for the reason stated above.

dtuason

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm

prinothcat wrote:
dtuason wrote: Since most of my shots are uploaded at 960 by 640 I wish people who visit my galleries (however few they are) view my shots at 960 by 640...

I'm curious as to why 960x640 or 8.889"x13.33" @72 ppi. It seems arbitrary, but then so is my 800x536, but that's because I use the 800 pixel long side rule of thumb that many here adopted for the reason stated above.

I guess I chose 960 x 640 through trial and error. When I first posted pictures in pbase...June 2008...I didn't know what dimensions I would use...so I experimented. I tried 1200 by 800...it's too large for my taste. I think I tried 810 x 540...or something similar...but then I felt the picture looked too small. That's when I tried 960 by 640...I felt the pictures looked "just right"....so I stayed with it.

Danny

prinothcat

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 pm

I suspected as much... 8)

Board index PBase Feature Requests Default in Image Size When Browsing