Board index PBase Feature Requests Need Quick Gallery Delete !!!

Feature Requests

Need Quick Gallery Delete !!!

Request changes or modifications.
jgayman

Need Quick Gallery Delete !!!

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:26 pm

It's soon school sports season again which means time to clean up last season's galleries. Because PBase first requires me to empty a gallery before I can delete it, it takes HOURS and HOURS to remove a single sports gallery tree. Why can't we have a DELETE GALLERY option which would delete the gallery and everything below it in the tree? I understand you are trying to protect folks from accidentally deleting entire galleries but the risk could be minimized by having a few nested confirmations, i.e. "You are about to delete an entire gallery, are you sure?" followed by "This command cannot be reversed". You get the idea.

The problem is even worse when PBase is running a little slow. Today is a classic example. It is taking 4-5 minutes to empty a gallery that contains 250 images. I have about 200-300 galleries which need deleted from last season. You get the idea - it takes a LONG time.

Thanks!

ralf

Re: Need Quick Gallery Delete !!!

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:55 am

Don't hold your breath waiting for a new feature to be implemented....

To speed things up, just use multiple tabs in your browser to run through the deletion steps on a bunch of galleries at once. By the time you've done one step for 20 or 30 galleries, the first ones should be ready for the next step....

jgayman

Re: Need Quick Gallery Delete !!!

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 am

ralf wrote:To speed things up, just use multiple tabs in your browser to run through the deletion steps on a bunch of galleries at once. By the time you've done one step for 20 or 30 galleries, the first ones should be ready for the next step....

Great minds must think alike because that's exactly what I tried and it worked great. It still took a long time but I could queue up a bunch of deletes and then go run some errands. :D

Board index PBase Feature Requests Need Quick Gallery Delete !!!