Board index PBase Feature Requests Focus distance

Feature Requests

Focus distance

Request changes or modifications.
sogen

Focus distance

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi,

I do not want the Focus distance to appear in the exifs under my pictures How do I proceed to do so ?

Thanks in advance

Canon 7D
Canon 300mm, 500mm 70-200mm

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Focus distance

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:23 pm

There is currently not a way to choose which exif data you want extracted from your uploaded file and which you don't. You could strip the information out before upload or turn off the exif display in your gallery settings. Would you mind telling me why you want the focus distance data removed?

Thanks,
Emily

sogen

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Emily,

The reason I do not want the focus distance to appear in my exifs is because I do not want people to know how much of a crop I have applied to the picture.

dct

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:02 am

Use a good and neutral EXIF tool before you upload your images to PBase. This is my solution to have the EXIF tags adjusted to what I like.

sogen

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 pm

I wrongly explained myself...The focus distance shown under my images is wrong on many of my pictures. Anybody has a solution to this problem ? Emily suggested she would erase those infos, but I would rather do it myself before uploading.
Am I able to delete that info before upload? Many photographers do not show their focus distance.

enjayel

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 pm

it appears to be a "feature" of either Canon or your software...
if you do a web search, you'll see multiple guesses for why this number is wrong..
You might be able to remove it using your editing software...
nancy

Board index PBase Feature Requests Focus distance