Board index PBase Feature Requests Prints purchase button

Feature Requests

Prints purchase button

Request changes or modifications.
fstopintl

Prints purchase button

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi guys/all
why is this 'Coming soon' still on your site??
It has been there for around 5 years!
I will be dead before it happens!
How difficult can it be for a Site of your magnitude to do this?
Chris

akmc_in_au

Re: Prints purchase button

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:13 am

fstopintl wrote:Hi guys/all
why is this 'Coming soon' still on your site??
It has been there for around 5 years!
I will be dead before it happens!
How difficult can it be for a Site of your magnitude to do this?
Chris

Realistically... this is never going to happen. And I'm not saying that as a "negative, knocking Nellie" but it's just a realistic assessment of the situation here.

The amount of development on the site has been close to zero for years now. There's the occasional burst of enthusiasm every couple of years where some minor thing may happen, or periodically the amount of storage that you get goes up, but in terms of actual development... nothing. It's been 11 months since anything new was posted in the News forum, for example, and that wasn't a new feature. It's been about 5 years since the last new feature came in, which was the change to the e-mail. It's been over 7 years since what we still refer to as the "new" edit page (simply because there hasn't been anything newer) was launched.

Support e-mails can go weeks without an answer.

Also visits to the site are falling off a cliff and therefore the potential volume of sales is ever diminishing. (In response to this image someone posted a comment that "Pbase does not run with ad's thus Alexa ranking is irrelevant." How someone can miss a point that comprehensively I have no idea, but the fact is that the Alexa ranking tracks visits. An ever-diminishing number of visits mean that people who want to find an audience are less likely to want to post here. it means fewer active members and lower membership revenue. A diminishing base of people who post, in turn means even fewer visitors. Which means an ever-smaller audience for sales.

The thought that they will negotiate a contract with an international provider, create payment facilities etc, etc when they won't even create a tablet-friendly interface is... well, "optimism" may be too gentle a term.

PBase will continue to do what it does better than most other sites, right up until the day we wake up and it's not here any more. But it will never do more than that. And I say that not in anger and not in despair and barely even in sadness, but more with a resigned shrug.

This place will display your photos and do it well. But if you need to sell photos... this is not the place to do it from.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Prints purchase button