Board index PBase Feature Requests It's your business

Feature Requests

It's your business

Request changes or modifications.
altofran

It's your business

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:32 pm

If you're not aware of the importance of your material. If you really think your work is worth stealing, simply don't put any high-res files on PBase. For God's sake, it's like leaving the door or your car open and hope that no one will steal it.

I'm really sick of childish reactions on this topic. When I said that Right-click disabling wasn't worth the effort, some people complained; and when I said not to tell about cache, others complained. I'm stopping of being nice for a day: If you're too dumb to put your professional work with high-res, it's your problem, so stop bugging us on the forum.

karen1109

The point of the forum is to post feature requests

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:49 pm

The images that were stolen were NOT high res images (unless you consider 600X450 to be high res), and I resent the assertion that I'm too stupid to realize that I shouldn't post them in the first place if I don't want someone to steal them. I can understand that for people whose images are not worth stealing, the right-click issue seems stupid, but the point of the forum is to provide a venue for us to request features. If it's not a feature in which you're interested, then move on, and stop bugging us in the forum.

altofran

Move on!

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:12 pm

Guess what, my post wasn't for you! So move on too!

dbh

Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:54 am

:roll:

fotochop

What resolution is too big??

Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:15 pm

nacef wrote: When I said that Right-click disabling wasn't worth the effort, some people complained.

Humans are often lazy creatures. If right click is disabled, many will not bother trying any harder. That's gotta be a fact.

nacef wrote:...and when I said not to tell about cache, others complained

The cache is no secret. It even has a friendly name these days: "temporary Internet files". OOPS! Was that classified? :wink: But see my point above about laziness. Getting stuff out of the cache is more mouse clicks than many will be buggered doing.

nacef wrote:...I'm stopping of being nice for a day...If you're too dumb to put your professional work with high-res, it's your problem, so stop bugging us on the forum.

Scary! (your grammar that is)

How big is hi-res? More than 1280 x 1024? If you're worried about people making a good print, then what is a good print? In my opinion all A4 size prints are too small to be any use for anything. And to get a decent A4 print needs a big resolution anyway - more than 3400 x 2400 at 300dpi printing. Even at 150dpi you would need a 1700 pixel wide image - or somthing like that.

Remember, we need to really tempt those potential buyers or clients. 640 x 480 is not exactly temptation resolution!! Others might disagree...that's fine...but I reckon I'll go up to at least 1280 x 1024 when I get my galleries going..and if people steal them and pass for their own, that's their karma, and I'll just come back to this forum and be comforted by you lot!

Enjoy being lucky enough to put your work out there for people to appreciate. Before the Internet, who saw your photos? Now that you have a global gallery space, don't just stick postage stamps on the wall!

altofran

Re: What resolution is too big??

Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:50 pm

fotochop wrote:Scary! (your grammar that is)

J'aimerais bien lire ta grammaire en Français!!! Ooops... I forgot, usually English speaking people forget that there is something called "Planet" outside their countries and don't care about learning other languages. That was for your «elegance».

Anyway, as I said, if you're too dumb to put you professional work on the site, it's your F$%4ing problem, deal with it.

fotochop

Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:16 pm

nacef wrote:J'aimerais bien lire ta grammaire en Français!!!

Voulez-vous une cigarette?
Est-ce que vous êtes ivre?
La police, ne t'a pas encore trouvé?

:D Je me suis bien amusé !!

Ok PEACE! I'm glad you learned to speak English so we can understand each other's disagreements!! But they forced you to learn English in school back in Paris didn't they? Not Paris? Where? st Etienne? 8)

altofran

Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:27 pm

fotochop wrote:
nacef wrote:J'aimerais bien lire ta grammaire en Français!!!

Voulez-vous une cigarette?
Est-ce que vous êtes ivre?
La police, ne t'a pas encore trouvé?

:D Je me suis bien amusé !!

Ok PEACE! I'm glad you learned to speak English so we can understand each other's disagreements!! But they forced you to learn English in school back in Paris didn't they? Not Paris? Where? st Etienne? 8)

T'es vraiment un gland! C'est quoi ton problème?

Contrairement à des branleurs dans ton genre, je n'ai aucune prétention autre que de partager des moments (sur photos en l'occurence) avec mes proches et amis qui à travers plusieurs pays. S'il y en a d'autres qui apprécient, tant mieux, pas plus que cela.

De vrais pros n'ont pas besoin de PBase pour vendre leur photos, ils ont déjà fait leur carrière; il y en a certes qui partagent leur travail avec nous, certains mêmes leur techniques, et cela l'essentiel. Pour les autres prétentieux, c'est plutôt de la branlette intellectuelle et du snobisme qu'autre chose, et ça en général ça me gave.

-----------

"Sorry" for your "joke" about Paris or whatever, it doesn't match: I'm Canadian, and no one is forced to do anything around here. "Sorry" too if you don't get the French part of the message, it's not my business neither.

This has been a clean post until your messages including personal attacks. My first post wasn't to anyone in particular, so I hope you'll be mature and stop your childish posts.

fotochop

Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:30 pm

A long way off the topic of "feature requests" from the start, so why not just keep the party going......
nacef wrote:T'es vraiment un gland! C'est quoi ton problème?

Well I put your words into babelfish.altavista.com .... and did you call me a nipple? A bit kinky yeah??!!

I basically understand what you said about sharing photos with just your family & friends. That's fine for you and many others. But there are many people more serious about their photography, semi-professionals using PBase to display their work. PBase's mission statement is simply "to be the best place on the web to display photos".... doesn't specify low or hi-res, so there should be at least some effort and features in place to cater for hi-res image security (or at least basic theft detterents), since this issue has been raised so much.
nacef wrote:I'm stopping of being nice for a day: If you're too dumb to put your professional work with high-res, it's your problem, so stop bugging us on the forum

I'm *sorry* too, becasue this is actually a *dumb* thing to say. And *sorry* again, it's also not very mature! It's not dumb to post hi-res images. People like you who only take point and shoot snapshots don't need hi-res, but some other people take good photographs! :wink: mwhahahahh!
nacef wrote:This has been a clean post until your messages including personal attacks

Oh chill out! That was just a bit of fun poking.

OVER N OUT !!

PEACE!

Board index PBase Feature Requests It's your business