Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets A new class/container/div?

HTML and Style Sheets

A new class/container/div?

Customize your galleries.
srijith

A new class/container/div?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:19 am

Is it possible to contain all the images shown in the page (be it album thumbnails or individual snaps) within a single div so that I can hack on the presentation around it?

The only thing that I can work on now is the <CENTER> tag, which works ok for the album thumbnais, but the individual snap page has more than one <CENTER> and hence it messes up the output. I realise that there is a "display" tag right now, but it is specific to the img tag, and hence confined to each individual image

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:48 am

honestly, i don't know what i'm doing, but i've done some things.
i've been putting off added classes because to do it properly, it should have some thought behind it all. but i've put it off long enough, so i changed some things and hopefully didn't break anything too important.

let me know if this helps with what you wanted.

i've never used a DIV before in my life, but i put one of class=thumbnails around the thumbnails table in the gallery page.

then i did a bunch of things to the image page.
there's a DIV class=image around the image.
added some other classes, date for the date on the photo
title for the photo title
copyright for the copyright
also removed what seemed to be not needed center tags, and cleaned up the html a bit.

i am not a stylesheet export. nor an html expert, which is why the pbase html is usually pretty simple.
if you or anybody else has opinions or advice on what classes should be created, speak up.
i'll apologize in advance if i don't actually implement them, but some things can't be changed without affecting everyone's pages because of their own custom stylesheets. change annoys/confuses people, so want to avoid it unless it's a definite improvement.

-slug

srijith

Thanks

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:07 pm

Exactly what I wanted.. Thanks! You can see a modified version of the one of the stylesheets available on the website at

http://www.pbase.com/srijith

BTW, you have two dangerously similar class names "thumbnails" and "thumbnail"! Maybe it would be a good idea to change the "thumbnails" class to say "thumbnailtable" or something like that?

Srijith

thewedding

hi slug

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:39 pm

Hi slug and thnx again for accepting my styleheet I might be posting you an updated version because of some feature request conserning the coloring and mozilla compatibiliy, if possible :)

I noticed the changes in the pbase code, there are two minour problems I could find here and that is with the title div because it overrules the H3 tag and even if I set a title clasname in my own stylesheet it does not work because the div tags are inside the h3 tag instead of outside. maybe rename the title div within de gallery pages would be an option because you use it for the pbase layout as well.. for now all galleries when displaying an image the bottom captions are printed in big and bold letters instead of the h3 tag

the other problem is not really a problem but more of inconsitensy. in all pages the top links are printed in normal font as for the #localmenu tag added you now have normal fonts on the start pages but if someone views an image the top links are printed in bold.

hope it helps :)_

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets A new class/container/div?