Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets CSS Colors

HTML and Style Sheets

CSS Colors

Customize your galleries.
yardbird

CSS Colors

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:47 pm

hey all,
here is something i found useful. I modified webdev on my site http://www.pbase.com/yardbird. The best way to get the colors you want is to use paint.
go to colors, edit colors, choose define custom colors and pick the color you want. you will see the rgb values for the color. copy these.

background-color: #000000;

change the above code to

background-color: rgb(0,0,0);

this will give the same effect. You can choose any rgb value you want. Since paint is available in all OS i thought this might be an easy way to do this.

have fun.

Why doesn't my page load as is supposed to on opera? the color change when the cursor hovers over the thumbnail doesnt come. is this a drawback with opera?

let me know
thanks
karthik

yardbird

addition to above

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:49 pm

Hey again,
One more useful tip is that any rgb value where all three are same will result in shades of gray. so 0,0,0 is black while 255,255,255 is white. so if u want varying shades of gray keep all three values same.
Have fun
karthik

srijith

Re: CSS Colors

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:58 am

yardbird wrote:Why doesn't my page load as is supposed to on opera? the color change when the cursor hovers over the thumbnail doesnt come. is this a drawback with opera?

More like it is an IE specific trick. If I am not mistaken CSS2 support for Opera is very standard compliant and I don't think there is a CSS hover property associated for a <TD>. Maybe that is why.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets CSS Colors