Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Different number of rows and columns

HTML and Style Sheets

Different number of rows and columns

Customize your galleries.
djwixx

Different number of rows and columns

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:01 pm

Is there a simple way to allow different numbers of rows in columns, i.e I have different gallery types that I'd like to have on the same row, so one row would have 3 galleries, the next 5 etc.

The only way I can think of doing it is to set up a gallery with an image to match the background, then create a gallery as a place holder with the image, untidy, but would work.

The idea below - sort of................

Gallery AA Gallery AB Gallery AC
Gallery BA Gallery BB Gallery BC Gallery BD
Gallery CA Gallery CB
etc.

Any ideas much appreciated - thanks.

alangrant

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:47 pm

I gave this some thought a while ago, and could only come up with more or less the same idea as you. I created a 1x1 pixel image with the same colour as the gallery background, then uploaded a copy that image in each place where I wanted an empty space.
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

gummyb

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:30 pm

What if someone clicks on the empty image? There must be another way.

dang

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:36 am

Seems much easier to group them into subgalleries, within different galleries. If you have shots of different type flower galleries, just place them all under a main gallery. When it's clicked, you're taken to another gallery to choose the type, or color of flowers you're looking for. The structure of pbase still allows all search functions to find them via the tree view. :wink:

pinemikey

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:55 pm

There is another option.... an image map. That way you have complete control on the way it looks. Photoshop and Paintshop Pro both have built in software which will create the html as you choose where you want the links to go. Myself, I tried the hard way from copying someone's html code and reworking it to suit my imagemap. Then I tried it using the photoediting program and it took about an eighth of the time. I now have my image map master ready for me to alter and resave as a jpg for addition to pbase.

Karthik has provided an excellent thread highlighting different pbaser's image maps and slideshows here:

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?p=121834#121834

gummyb

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:53 am

Hmm...didn't think of that! I'll give it a try. I want my image on a particular gallery to display like this:

XX
X X X
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

The first two are panoramas, the second are larger thumbnails, and the remaining rows are regular sized thumbnails.

djwixx

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:30 pm

gummyb wrote:Hmm...didn't think of that! I'll give it a try. I want my image on a particular gallery to display like this:

XX
X X X
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

The first two are panoramas, the second are larger thumbnails, and the remaining rows are regular sized thumbnails.

If you come up with any ideas, I'd be interested to know.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Different number of rows and columns