Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets style sheet has changed

HTML and Style Sheets

style sheet has changed

Customize your galleries.
clippo

style sheet has changed

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:21 am

I've been using the black standard style sheet on my galleries - recently however, there has been a change in the appearance of the sheet (I'm sure i haven't done anything myself) - I actually prefer the new look but would like to change the justification of the top text box (please take a look at http://www.pbase.com/clippo). Any ideas how to do this?

clippo

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:43 pm

aha - looks like it has changed from 'black standard' to 'black and white' somehow... am I allowed to change the code to make the text box centre justified? how do I do it?

pinemikey

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:11 pm

You can send a message to help@pbase.com if you want them to switch you back to "Black-standard".

Personally, I'm thinking your galleries look really good right now...quite a few very good quality images.

I'm also not sure how experimental you feel, but on the gallery edit page there is an area to change what stylesheet you can use, but also to create a new one.

From another thread:
Srijith has provided the indespensible PbaseWiki which goes a long way in providing information on how to personalize and tweak your Pbase galleries.

clippo

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:11 pm

thanks for the comments!

I like the look at the moment too - it's just that the text box needs to be centred... think its probably a matter of inserting a small instruction at a certain point but beyond that I am lost. I'll have a look at that link if I have time. :wink:

Thanks again!

pinemikey

Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:35 am

I'm sorry about the confusion. I use Firefox and it IS centered. However, it isn't in Internet Explorer.

Two things:

One: Make sure that the enable HTML is checked and

Two: In the description field put <center> at the beginning before the text you want centered and then use </center> at the very end.

Hope this helps.....

clippo

Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:19 pm

cheers mate - still having aproblem though. The text inside the box is actually OK - its centred. Its just the box itself that is the problem. It's over the left hand side and looks odd against the rest of the element on the page IMO. I think I need to access the actual code for the stylesheet itself but I can't see how to get into it. I guess it would be a matter of inserting the <centre> codes around the relevant part of this.

Love your panos by the way - any ideas how to host QTVRs?

clippo

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:32 pm

wierd - have installed Firefox and it looks fine. Using IE, the 'heading box' is still left justified. Is there anyway to avoid this disparity?

andrys

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:01 am

clippo wrote:wierd - have installed Firefox and it looks fine. Using IE, the 'heading box' is still left justified. Is there anyway to avoid this disparity?

Do what pinemikey said, but I"ll add to put
your intro text into a table.

Then put the "<center>" just before the "<table>" entry
and then put "</center>" just after the "</table>" entry.

This works for mine.
See http://www.pbase.com/andrys/italy

All the subgalleries have table-descriptions too, so I
can control them better.

(Unless your css code has something that makes
the gallery description left-aligned.)

WITHIN the table you might want the text aligned-left
though and, if so, then you'd do something like
"<tr align="left">" (No outer quotes for these
examples should be typed in of course.)

pinemikey

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:19 pm

Thanks Andrys...

I hardly use IE but after Clippo's question, I noticed that the problem he was describing was occuring on mine, too!

I had been fiddling around trying to fix this bit last week and finally changed the stylesheet to something different because I couldn't get the Internet Explorer display to behave... My knowledge of html wouldn't fill a 3 oz bucket.

andrys

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:48 pm

pinemikey wrote:Thanks Andrys...

I hardly use IE but after Clippo's question, I noticed that the problem he was describing was occuring on mine, too!

I had been fiddling around trying to fix this bit last week and finally changed the stylesheet to something different because I couldn't get the Internet Explorer display to behave... My knowledge of html wouldn't fill a 3 oz bucket.

Your knowledge of css is great and it takes more
knowhow than html. If you were more interested in or
needed to know more about html it would take you only
a few minutes :-)

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets style sheet has changed