Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets How to add links in a comment?

HTML and Style Sheets

How to add links in a comment?

Customize your galleries.
mardoli

How to add links in a comment?

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Hello everybody!
It's probably a silly question...I wonder if it's possible (and in this case how) to add a link in a comment, I mean a link which can lead to another page clicking directly on it, I have tried using the script <a href ="http xxxx"> the name of the page </a>
but it doesn't work at all.
Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Marisa

pinemikey

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:36 pm

First of all, guests cannot post links because of spam security...this is what they will see when they try...

To help prevent spam, guests may not post comments which include a hyperlink. Please login to your account first.

When I tried to post a comment on one of my images with a HTML link, it stripped the HTML and just left the text I had intended to have as the link.

So it looks from my try that our comments are protected from anyone posting a link. I remember it used to work, because I've left a link in a comment to someone about 2 years ago or so. It was a nice feature but again SPAM takes away a little bit more of our internet experience.

Oops I went back and tried again....but this time I just entered the url without wrapping it in HTML...and it worked. So if you want to point to one of your images to help in commenting on an image, just type in the straight URL address into the comment section without any dressing up.

Note: If you try and add the .jpg it will not work. So only hyperlinks and no images allowed.

I'm thinking that this, too will soon have to be banned because of the increasing frequency of spam accounts being set up as we can all see in our guestbook and in the forums.

dang

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:01 am

Just a note on this. If you're sending pmail, I've found by adding the jpg it sends the image. That's something new too, I think?

mardoli

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:31 am

Thank you, Pinemikey and Dang!
It's not that I intended to use that possibility often and obviously I have not any reason to do it as "guest" :lol: .
I have tried to insert the link simply copying the Url and it worked well once, but another time the link was not active and simply the Url appeared as a part of the written text.
Mysteries of Pbase...
Nice weekend to both of you!
Marisa

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets How to add links in a comment?