Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Change colors of pbase bar, at least :-)

HTML and Style Sheets

Change colors of pbase bar, at least :-)

Customize your galleries.
arjunrc

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:49 am

slug wrote:i like having a consistent look to the menubar, and that wouldn't happen if there was a text only menu option.

but apparently this incredibly beautiful shade of blue is offensive to some.

i'm thinking options to have the menu bar in neutral colors might be good. maybe a black-on-white and a white-on-black option.

will try it and see how it looks.

-slug

May I also suggest:
* instead of pure white (255,255,255) use a shade of light grey
* Also, a smaller menu font size option would be very welcome.

phoenix

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:59 am

Hi,

I'm new to the game but here's my try: http://www.pbase.com/phoenix/css_test
I tried hiding the menu at first, but after seeing that slug isn't happy with it, I tried to do an autohide. What do you guys think?

Jinghua

srijith

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:38 am

phoenix wrote:Hi,
I tried to do an autohide. What do you guys think?

Jinghua

Not sure what you meant by Auto-hide since in Opera 7.5 p2 (winxp), the bar is always present, though not the whole width of the page .

phoenix

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:00 am

srijith, the menu will be near transparent if you view it in Mozilla or IE6, and will appear when the mouse hovers on it. I don't have Opera so I couldn't test on anything other than Firebird 0.8 and IE6. I just added some codes that are supposed to work in Opera and Safari. Could you take a look at it again?
Last edited by phoenix on Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

srijith

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:08 am

phoenix wrote:I just added some codes that are supposed to work in Opera and Safari. Could you take a look at it again?

No luck, menu bar is still sitting tight :)

phoenix

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:13 am

I just realized it used to be impossible to have opacity in Opera. Since I don't use it, how does Opera plan to support opacity? My first try was using relative positioning or the "display" property for autohide, but IE6 doesn't handle it well, so I turned to opacity. I'm pretty sure IE6/Gecko/Safari support what I'm doing. Good enough for me since none of my friends are using Opera:)

srijith

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:22 am

phoenix wrote:I just realized it used to be impossible to have opacity in Opera. Since I don't use it, how does Opera plan to support opacity?

Opacity is a CSS3 spec. If I am not mistaken, they have not implemented it until now because they want to get their CSS2 as perfect as possible before jumping into fancy CSS3.

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:00 am

Slug wrote: will assume that anyone hiding their menu bar has no interest in being part of the PBase community and expects that sitewide pages (recent galleries,popular galleries, search, world, etc) will not list their galleries.

Slug, I understand what you mean, but you are wrong. I love your site, and I feel to be a part of it (I have got a lot of web friends in 2 months).
Only I am not interested in that "wonderful" purple-lavender color.
Please, choose a more "photographic" and neutral one, play with grays, blacks and whites. Pbase has grown up, there are many sophisticated photographers here now.
No one wants to damage your creature, Slug, don't be you to do that :D
Respectfully, A.

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:03 am

Slug wrote:
i'm thinking options to have the menu bar in neutral colors might be good. maybe a black-on-white and a white-on-black option.
will try it and see how it looks.
-slug

Slug, I have put again the lavender toolbar in my galleries :cry: .
I'll keep your sentence as a promise :wink:
Good work (in your interest, and in the interest of your site as well)!
Your very humble member :roll: ,
A.

thewedding

removed

Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:21 am

removed

oooh plz not again! who wants to go back to the time that you have to write everything in duplicate, opera is NOT a browser let them focus on the mobile and pda market...

http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html

first there were complains about mozilla bugs, now it worked in both so mac users can too enjoy the benifits of css and all you can come up with is that it does not work in opera? which is not even on the map at zeitgeist?

srijith, buddy ;) ... you of all ppl should know this
Last edited by thewedding on Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

srijith

Re: transparent ...

Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:06 am

webdev wrote:well instead of white/grey/lavendar you could just set the pbase bar to transparent : http://www.pbase.com/webdev

:?

isn't css great !! ;)_

And ofcourse it does not work on Opera :P

Previous

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Change colors of pbase bar, at least :-)