Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets HELP - Save Image Link

HTML and Style Sheets

HELP - Save Image Link

Customize your galleries.
holmes_w

HELP - Save Image Link

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 am

Hi, I have a strange question and need to some help...

I want to put a small gif next to each image to allow users to save the corresponding image.

I know users can right click and save as, but I want to by pass this and make the "save as window" pop up automatically with the picture name in the save as text area.

Similar to G-MAIL where they have two links next to an image one to view and the other to save, once you click on save it automatically opens that save box I was talking about.

Any ideas?

holmes_w

Nothing?

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Wow you guys are full of ideas!

alangrant

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:53 pm

Try having a little patience. If you read through some previous posts, you'll see that only a handful of PBase members answer tricky technical questions on this forum. As your message was posted less than one full day ago, it's quite possible none of those people have even read it yet.
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

arjunrc

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:14 pm

I don't think it is possible in PBase.

1. As far as I know, applications such as Gmail use the HTTP content disposition to force the browser into 'saving' not 'viewing; what it sends across. You can't change the content disposition in PBase. (You could with javascript, which brings us to the next point)

2. PBase strips javascript <script> tags - so even if you were to write code, PBase will strip it. Besides (1) above, there are other javascript solutions available to force a save as, but again, PBase strips JS.

So, I don't think its possible in this environment

regds
arjun

holmes_w

Thanks

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:59 am

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the impatience, im just eager to get it up and going.
Thanks again. :lol:

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets HELP - Save Image Link