Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Moving design elements around

HTML and Style Sheets

Moving design elements around

Customize your galleries.
tgriffen

Moving design elements around

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 am

Perhaps this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I do have the standard stylesheet, which I modified a little bit. What I would like to do is move some of the elements, for example: .date to be center under .location. I can't figure it out. Is there a way to do it through a stylesheet, or would I have to do some other way (if it is achievable). I do have webdev toolbar installed.

I was using another field for date because of its location, but if I turn off EXIF display, that field disappears as well. :|

alangrant

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:20 pm

If I understand you correctly, you are asking about changing the vertical order of certain elements. I think that is either impossible or very difficult. The problem is that we users have no control over the PBase generated HTML. In your example, the "date" class will always appear before "location" in the HTML. So while it is easy enough to modify the design by centering elements or adding spaces, moving date below location is another story.

It might technically be possible using CSS positioning, but that's a difficult area even with full control over your CSS - trying to apply it to PBase is not something I would advise if you value your sanity!
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

tgriffen

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:48 pm

alangrant wrote:If I understand you correctly, you are asking about changing the vertical order of certain elements.

You understand me correctly.

I think that is either impossible or very difficult. The problem is that we users have no control over the PBase generated HTML. In your example, the "date" class will always appear before "location" in the HTML.

Pity. I arrived at the same conclusion, but not being an expert, I preferred to ask the question here.

It might technically be possible using CSS positioning, but that's a difficult area even with full control over your CSS - trying to apply it to PBase is not something I would advise if you value your sanity!

That's why I tried to cheat and use a different element - the first of the "other" boxes because it has a perfect location. Alas, when I turn off the EXIF data, my date now disappears. Bummer. To me the title has higher priority that the date for visual presentation. I guess I may try putting the date into caption and see what happens. That, of course, would mean redoing hundreds of photos, but I can do it over time.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Moving design elements around