Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Font Colour & Style HTML in Gallery Description

HTML and Style Sheets

Font Colour & Style HTML in Gallery Description

Customize your galleries.
annajane

Font Colour & Style HTML in Gallery Description

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Hey,

I've managed to fumble my way through the basics of CSS and HTML to get my galleries almost the way I want, but the Gallery Description is annoying me.

What code do I need to use to get my description in italics & in different colours?

I've tried <i> </i> and so on, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Do I need to alter it in the stylesheet?

dang

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:32 pm

Right, you'll need to change it in the CSS instead of the description area I believe. You might want to look over this sheet by Arjun that's in the Pbase Wiki. It has some tips within the CSS that explains a few things:
http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/css_bank/arjunrc1

Hope this helps,
tom :wink:

annajane

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:41 am

^ Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the link and that's definitely very helpful, but I still can't get it to do what I want it to do.

Changing the font class in the CSS doesn't seem to touch the gallery description at all, yet I can't find anything over-riding this.
What am I doing wrong?!

:?

dang

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:46 am

Sometimes you need to add some to the code. Look for the section that controls the area you want changed, and add the "font" tags into it if they're not there, using the type you want.
Hope this makes sense.

n7360

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:16 am

annajane wrote:Changing the font class in the CSS doesn't seem to touch the gallery description at all, yet I can't find anything over-riding this.
What am I doing wrong?!

Try this

1. in your CSS:
Code: Select all
.myfontstyle
{
  color: blue;
  font-style: italic;
}

2. in your HTML
<font class=myfontstyle>bla-bla-bla</font>
Best wishes! Jasmine.

annajane

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:11 am

Fantastic!
Thank you, both of you :D

praeesse

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 pm

I cannot get the font in the header of my main gallery to change using html in the description box.

I am trying to italicize the text and make it a separate color but adding tags (such as i below) has no effect. The allignment works, but color and emphasis tags seem not to. Is my css somehow overriding this?

<p align="left"> <i>Last Updated- F&F:5/1/07 LA:6/5/07 OAA:6/5/07 Ski:6/1/07</i>

Thanks much in advance.

http://www.pbase.com/praeesse

gpmerfeld

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:44 pm

Praeesse, please read the post by Jasmine (n7360) above.

The CSS does override certain things like font style, size and color that you are trying to change in the Intro area.

Her solution is fantastic! You can create virtually a mini library of text styles and colors, by duplicating her code above, and just making additional versions by adding a 2 or 3 or whatever to myfontstyle, then changing the font size, boldness, color, style, etc. It sits there in CSS and only will be used when you call it up for your use in altering the Introduction HTML area the way she explains above. Very cool.

Thank you so much, Jasmine, for sharing that info!

Aloha,
GP

n7360

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:41 am

Never says "thanks"! ;) If you need - ask me more.
Best wishes! Jasmine.

praeesse

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Brilliant!

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Font Colour & Style HTML in Gallery Description