Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Change background color

HTML and Style Sheets

Change background color

Customize your galleries.
mikelong

Change background color

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:16 am

Is there a way to change the background color on my stylesheet from black to grey? I've tried playing around with the "Variablize Colors" option but can't yet get it to work.
Thanks
Mike Long Photography

dang

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi Mike,
Once of the recent oddities which I've ran across is sheets not updating when making changes. The "work around" I've found, is to copy the sheet, and make updates in a different gallery. Once it works, then delete the old sheet, and add the new one into the gallery you want changed. Seems to only happen with some of my galleries, and can be quiet annoying, I know.
Hope it works for you too. :wink:

mikelong

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 am

Hi Dang,
No luck yet with the color changes - Your work around sounds logical, but I couldn't make it happen. I tried several times to alter the variables but nothing happens - the changes in color order are revealed after I update the CSS (i.e. #6E6E78 at the top in place of black), but when I return to the gallery the background remains black. After updating the CSS I click 'return to gallery' and it takes around two minutes for the thumbnail page to appear with no changes in place.

How can replacing one color be so difficult when adding a slideshow feature to the homepage is now done so easily?

Thanks
Mike

dang

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:55 pm

Mike,
It looks like you've figured it out, since your background is now gray. Did you try cleaning your cookies before going back into the gallery?

mikelong

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:25 pm

Actually my home page is from the Luis Borruel code, which has a gray background. My gallery pages are from a customized CSS and unfortunately are still black. If I could take that same home page background color and put it on my gallery pages I'd be happy.

:)

Mike

alangrant

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Mike, I had a look at your gallery CSS. It looks like two separate stylesheets stuck together, with conflicting settings in the two parts, and at least two syntax errors. I found it quite hard to figure out which bit of the CSS actually controls your background. But after some experimentation it seemed to be this bit:

Code: Select all
DIV,BODY,TD,TH,TR,TABLE,FONT,INPUT,LI,UL,FORM,
BLOCKQUOTE,P,B,I,H1,H2,H3,H4,H5 {
font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;
color :  #B4B496
background :  #FFFFFF;
}   

The first problem here is that there should be semi-colon at the end of the "color" line. Once that is fixed, try changing "background" to your desired colour and see if that works. But note that there is a very similar section of code further down your stylesheet - ideally the two would be consolidated to avoid conflicts.

However, it may be that all this is irrelevant if the problem is with Pbase not recognising or saving your CSS changes (rather than problems with the CSS itself).
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

mikelong

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Thanks Alan, will give that a shot.
Mike

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Change background color