Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets slideshow.css and workflow

HTML and Style Sheets

slideshow.css and workflow

Customize your galleries.
toby23

slideshow.css and workflow

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 am

dear Pbase users,

i want to add a white border to my photos in the user selected slideshow mode.

i don't want to manually add borders in photoshop because my photos are exported directly from Adobe Lightroom to the web.
i have managed to change my css page to add a border to thumbnails and clicked images but cannot find any way to change the 'slideshow.css' file.

please please help, this is all i need to do and then i'm finished with the re-programming...

i have looked all over the forums but found no help for editing the slideshow.css file...

many thanks in advance for your help,

toby

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:30 pm

Just add this code to your css file:

Code: Select all
#slideshow_image {
   BORDER: 5px solid rgb(255,255,255);
}

Of course you can make the border as big or small as you like.

toby23

Thanks

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks so much for your help...
that was driving me crazy...
the gallery looks so much better now thanks to you!
toby

jhphoto

slideshow borders and hover effects

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:15 am

ckirby wrote:Just add this code to your css file:

Code: Select all
#slideshow_image {
   BORDER: 5px solid rgb(255,255,255);
}

Of course you can make the border as big or small as you like.

I'm using IE7. I tried that code (with my own border settings) and it didn't display any border. Is there some kind of gotcha with the #slideshow_image code? When it's working, does it put a border neatly around images with no padding if there are both landscape and portrait images in the slideshow gallery?

I ended up putting the slideshow in a table and defining a class .tdslideshow with borders and then applied that class to the cell containing the slideshow. The resulting border looks square as I have both landscape and portrait images in my slideshow gallery. There's no gap (padding?) between the sides of landscape images and the border, but there's a small gap between the tops and bottoms of portrait images and the border, maybe 2px. Why would that gap be there?

I'd also like the border and background to change on hover. Is there a simple way to do that?
Cheers from down under, John
http://www.pbase.com/jhphoto

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets slideshow.css and workflow