Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Thanks for the help!

HTML and Style Sheets

Thanks for the help!

Customize your galleries.
valeriecook

Thanks for the help!

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:32 pm

Just a quick thanks to all that have posted explainations for the CSS stylesheets and html codes, etc. I have spent about 2 days reading and trying things out on Firefox (which I used anyway -yea!) and have finally gotten the page I was envisioning in my mind. So thanks - PBase was a great move for me to make!!!!

Anyone is free to use my modified style sheet!!!

http://www.pbase.com/valphotostudent

~Val

dang

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:17 am

Good going, Val! It looks great, but I have a suggestion which you might not have thought about. Like many others, I learned to check sheets using IE and Firefox... but I didn't bother viewing my sheets using different screen resolutions until someone else mentioned it. I've found it's always a good idea to, especially since so many people are going to newer, larger monitors.
I'm running 1280 x 1024, and see your page with the thumbnails pushed to the left with blank space on the right. So, you might consider "center" justifying them. :wink:

For anyone running a PC, changing the screen resolution only takes a second. Just close your browser, and "right click" the blank screen. On the pop up menu, click properties, then settings to make the change.

For "mac" users, I'd suggest asking Andrys. Sorry, I'm not familiar with it myself.

Might be good to check the page beginning with 800 x 600, and work your way up. While theres only around 5% of users still using 800 x 600, it's inviting to them to see a site where they won't need to scroll.

Keep up the good work.

valeriecook

trying

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:38 am

I agree - that has been bothering me also - I have been looking for a place to make the thumbnails center justified using the CSS edit on Mozilla and for the life of me - I can't get it figured out.
Help??? Thanks, Val

dang

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Val,
I'm a little hesitant, because I haven't time at the moment to run a test . So, use at own risk. :wink: Copy your code and place it in a test gallery without changing what you have now, just in case.

This is the start of your current code:
Code: Select all
<!-- BEGIN user desc -->
<!-- Double space between menu buttons and slide show area -->

<!-- Begin SLIDESHOW TABLE OF 2 COLUMNS
<!-- Begin SLIDES column -->
<!-- (Our table for OLD, Luis Borruel Slideshow on left plus text on right) -->
<div class="thumbnails">

<center>
</center></div><table border="0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="90%">
<tbody><tr valign="top">
<td align="left" width="70%"><br><!--

THE OFFICIAL PBASE SLIDESHOW

Making these changes worked fine in firefox, but I couldn't check with IE.
Code: Select all
<!-- BEGIN user desc --> <center>
<!-- Double space between menu buttons and slide show area -->

<!-- Begin SLIDESHOW TABLE OF 2 COLUMNS
<div class="thumbnails">

</div><table border="0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="80%">
<tbody><tr valign="top">
<td align="left" width="70%"></center><br><!--

You'll probably need to play with the table widths, and recheck though. Hope this helps, and doesn't cause other problems. As you've already learned, changing things can be tricky at times. If it doesn't work, let me know (including the test gallery url) and I'll check again when I can. And hopefully someone else will have a look too.

andrys

Re: trying

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:17 am

valphotostudent wrote:I agree - that has been bothering me also - I have been looking for a place to make the thumbnails center justified using the CSS edit on Mozilla and for the life of me - I can't get it figured out.
Help??? Thanks, Val

Everything needed justifying, the description above too.

However, it's far simpler than imagined.

Just add "<center>" to the very top of your edit-gallery user-description box.

=== In your case ===
<center>
<table width=90% cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0 border=0>
===============

valeriecook

Thanks!

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:55 am

Andrys - that worked so simply - thanks bunches!! Val

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Thanks for the help!