Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Getting rid of subgallery titles

HTML and Style Sheets

Getting rid of subgallery titles

Customize your galleries.
toondesmit

Getting rid of subgallery titles

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:04 pm

Although I unchecked the box “show image titles with thumbnails. “ in galleries and their subgaIleries I still have titles of the Subgallery visible in the parent gallery.
I think because it is a Gallery title and not a title of a picture.

How to get rid of subgallery titles that show up under the thumbnail in the parent Gallery

dang

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm not personally aware of an easy way to remove the titles, but if you don't mind me asking... why would you want to? The reason I ask is because titles (for galleries and photos too) are helpful for search indexing. While you can still add "keywords" to galleries/photos, they're only usable for Pbase Search, and not for indexing with Google and other engines.

toondesmit

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:52 pm

In my recent pics gallery I show bird pictures without thumbnail titles. It looks clean.

I want to add a subgallery if I took more than one picture of a bird. The subgallery then shows all pictures of the recent shootout of that particaular bird. The representative of the subgallery then show in the parent gallery "recent pictures".

I also have in my birdgallery subgalleries per bird species. There I definitely want to use titles for the very same reason you mention.

I only do not want to use subgallery titles in my recent pictures gallery.

Maybe in the stylesheet of the recent picture gallery using same font and background colors?

andrys

Re: Getting rid of subgallery titles

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 pm

toondesmit wrote:Although I unchecked the box “show image titles with thumbnails. “ in galleries and their subgaIleries I still have titles of the Subgallery visible in the parent gallery.
I think because it is a Gallery title and not a title of a picture.

How to get rid of subgallery titles that show up under the thumbnail in the parent Gallery

I think if you go to the root, where only galleries are allowed
http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/to ... w=advanced

and select to have no captions for your images there (which are
only galleries), it MIGHT work. I haven't tried it.

toondesmit

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:26 pm

Andrys, it does not work. Supposedly because teh checkbox only deal with alignment?

alangrant

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:58 pm

Try adding this to your stylesheet - it should work in Firefox, I haven't tested it in IE:
Code: Select all
td.thumbnail b {display: none}
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

andrys

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 pm

toondesmit wrote:Andrys, it does not work. Supposedly because teh checkbox only deal with alignment?

You're exactly right! Sorry about that.

Let us know how Alan's CSS fix works for you.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Getting rid of subgallery titles