Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Pblog Css

HTML and Style Sheets

Pblog Css

Customize your galleries.
kstuebin

Pblog Css

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Is there anywhere that the code for Pblog templates is listed? I'm interested in the ones that have the photos with the text next to it and alternate from left to right.

I've tried some of the sample stylesheets but I don't know how to get the original code to edit it. And there is no way I can write code from scratch. :)

dang

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:59 pm

This thread will tell you about installing Firefox, and how to go about editing: http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=13408

Enjoy.

kstuebin

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks Dang. I have Firefox and WebDev. The problem is it never seems to translate to IE which is what I use. I found a stylesheet I like and it looks wonderful on Firefox but when I open it in IE, it's not the same. :(

dang

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:22 pm

That's a pretty standard problem with IE since it reads the coding different, and makes everyone pull their hair out at times. I can only suggest if you prefer using IE, to copy the code using Firefox, transfer to a gallery to work on. You might check this link and see if this would help: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Note though, I haven't a clue how well it works.

kstuebin

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:10 pm

Okay, I've worked on this for hours. Now, if someone could tell me how to reduce the spacing between the paragraphs, I would really appreciate it. I am using HTML in the description box. <p align="left></p> for each paragraph which is pretty labor intensive.

I started out with the timmyg template. I'm trying to keep it similar to my other galleries.

I was wanting to create a journal type pblog.

And the photo isn't even that great for all this work. :)

http://www.pbase.com/kstuebin/pblog1

dang

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Using paragraph usually adds two lines of space (If I recall right). You might try adding a break instead.

As for the quality of the photos, I'm personally not a big fan of the pblog sheets since they use a re-compressed version of your photo. You could reduce the size of the original to match, and control the quality, but then there's not a larger original to click to. It's a trade off you'll have to decide on.

kstuebin

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:59 pm

I did try using <br> in the description box too. It formatted the image page but not the pblog page.

As for the photo, well, it's not that greatat 800 x 600 either. LOL. But I forgot about the default Pbase resizing which basically is pretty bad. I guess improvements to Pblog are lagging until everyone so that they can make other unknown and invisible changes. :)

My whole idea for doing this was to keep a kind of photographic journal. Kind of like a PAD but I have a seperate PESO gallery.

I think there must be a way to change the stylesheet to do this but everytime I make a change to the formatting of the text, it seems to effect everything.

dang

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:52 pm

I know it can be frustrating, and another reason I'm not fond of this style sheet. So, something I rarely work with as a general rule. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with it will happen by, and offer help. If you run across one someone has you like, I'd suggest pmailing them and asking to use it. Most people are pretty willing to share.

Good luck.

kstuebin

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Ok, here is the fix. No idea why this works.

In the description box start each paragraph with <p align="left>. Otherwise the text is centered. End the paragraph with <br/>

This makes the space between paragraphs half what it was before.

Now, I need to take some good photos or something because my brain is fried. :)

And if anyone has any css code that would work, I'd still appreciate seeing that because it sure would be a whole lot easier.

Oh, and the photo isn't really centered on the image page in IE but at this point, I don't care.

andrys

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:14 am

kstuebin,
Not sure, but paragraph breaks are normal (big) in Firefox.

But I think, personally, that it looks great. Very easy on the eye if someone
is reading the entry.

And the medium thumbnails look good, and most will know they lead to
larger shots.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Pblog Css