Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Editing Gallery

HTML and Style Sheets

Editing Gallery

Customize your galleries.
skyedance

Editing Gallery

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 am

I Sure hope some kind member will help me? I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED I have read the help over 15 times and the forums I've gone through 8 times and am having major problems with my gallery regarding set-up and editing :

1. I set up my root gallery ... it will not link correctly with the Title for the main Gallery as I see with Other Galleries ... nor will it allow you to go to your other Galeries it just loops bavk to the root gallery.

2. Root Gallery won't Displey Gallery Name in Main Body ... only in the Path in upper left corner.

3.I Can't Edit my Root Gallery!!!! I have tried numerous times and it will not alloq Me A Full Edit ...

4. Style Sheets -- I have tried several times to update editing with style sheets from to pblogs Michael Martin and Thierry Malvall ... my edit of gallery says that the stylesheet was added and that it was added to the gallery ... but it will not show the new stylesheet ...

I need somebody to either please carefully and slowly walk me through my gallery set-up and editing process.

I really have had these as continued problems from the very beginning. I am a paid member and do not know why I cannot have the access or means to set up my gasllery as I would like ....

Is there something wrong with the my account status or what???? I can change my style sheets if I use the standard pbase list, but I cannot use anything else ... how does other members do it ???

I have tried so many times I am ready to give up and leave this place ... it is too complicated for me to understand!!!!!

So thanks for the replies and yes I have posted this before and I received some nice suggestions ... SORRY non of them worked!!!!
Thanks for your Reply; SkYEDANCE/Spirit of the Wilderness Galleries

flemmingbo

Re: Editing Gallery

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi !

I will try and help as much as I can.

1) I'm sorry I don't quite follow what you mean? Your root gallery has one gallery - spirit of the wilderness, and it seems to link correctly to this gallery. When I click and go to "Spirit of the Wilderness" I then get a gallery page with the all of your galleries. If you wish to have all of your galleries from http://www.pbase.com/skyedance/spirit_of_the_wilderness you can edit this page and move the galleries to the root gallery.

2) The Root gallery is slightly different than all other galleries and you've discovered one of them - the root gallery does not display the gallery name, you have to write a header yourself if you want one.

3) Can you edit other galleries? What do you mean by full edit?

4) Make sure editing the gallery that you have chosen the right stylesheet. If you create a new stylesheet, you have to edit the gallery and select this new style sheet and update the gallery.

I hope this is of some help.

regards,

Flemming

skyedance wrote:

I Sure hope some kind member will help me? I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED I have read the help over 15 times and the forums I've gone through 8 times and am having major problems with my gallery regarding set-up and editing :

1. I set up my root gallery ... it will not link correctly with the Title for the main Gallery as I see with Other Galleries ... nor will it allow you to go to your other Galeries it just loops bavk to the root gallery.

2. Root Gallery won't Displey Gallery Name in Main Body ... only in the Path in upper left corner.

3.I Can't Edit my Root Gallery!!!! I have tried numerous times and it will not alloq Me A Full Edit ...

4. Style Sheets -- I have tried several times to update editing with style sheets from to pblogs Michael Martin and Thierry Malvall ... my edit of gallery says that the stylesheet was added and that it was added to the gallery ... but it will not show the new stylesheet ...

I need somebody to either please carefully and slowly walk me through my gallery set-up and editing process.

I really have had these as continued problems from the very beginning. I am a paid member and do not know why I cannot have the access or means to set up my gasllery as I would like ....

Is there something wrong with the my account status or what???? I can change my style sheets if I use the standard pbase list, but I cannot use anything else ... how does other members do it ???

I have tried so many times I am ready to give up and leave this place ... it is too complicated for me to understand!!!!!

So thanks for the replies and yes I have posted this before and I received some nice suggestions ... SORRY non of them worked!!!!
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

skyedance

Editing a Gallery

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:40 am

Hello Flemming ... thank you very much for your kind reply ... lik I had said it is very confusing for me ... It seems that I am unable to put the other galleries into the root gallery ...I can edit each gallery to a certain degree only ... I have read thourougly every thing regarding the galleries. I have viewed other galleries and they seem to loop better. From my spirit _of_the_wilderness gallery I had to place the other galleries with for my gallery to link correctly

True the root gallery is different .. But apparently I had to create the spirit_of_the _wilderness as a seperate gallery ... I do not see any other galleries that have a double gallery.

The other puzzlement is that when you click "all galeries" mine goes back to the root gallery thumbnail photo... No other gallery I viewed did this. Like I said my editing capabilities seem limited. It does not seem to me IMHO to link like the others I have seen. I do thank you for looking at my galleries to see how it opens

The other thing is I have tried from the very beginning to change the stylesheets to either one from Malvall or the other from Martin....both are supposedly pblog types... I apparently am not able to apply these stylessheets... I have treid several different ways to enter the CSS style name ... I apparently says that the gallery was updated... When I go to my gallery the new stylesheet is no applied. Don't know why I have this problem ... I have looked at most of the examples and forum or help into...

Like I said ... I can apply the general stylesheets with pbase...but am not able to customize further and don't know why. I know I have had some great difficulty with my gallery since the beginning. I just do't seem to understand ....

Thanks again for your kind reply; Shenandoa'Rose/Skyedance NaturePhoto/spirit_of_the_wilderness gallery

I will most certainly visit your gallery and look at soe of your photos ... thnx again
Thanks for your Reply; SkYEDANCE/Spirit of the Wilderness Galleries

flemmingbo

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 am

You have the Root gallery set as "Pblog" template - I don't know but this could be what is causing all your problems. Maybe you cannot copy galleries into a pblog page.

Just to test it, try and set your root gallery to the original template and try again to copy your galleries and see if that makes any difference.

regards,

Flemming
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Editing Gallery