Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Problem with Changing Text

HTML and Style Sheets

Problem with Changing Text

Customize your galleries.
lorraine1

Problem with Changing Text

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:42 am

Hello, again.
Thank you to Sheila for advising me to post in this forum.

I have added some white text to my home page and have used html as I wanted it centred and some of it bold. This seems to be OK.

But...when I try and change the size, underline it or put some into italics, the white text turns grey. I cannot figure out why.

Could somebody please tell me how I can edit my text but keep it white?

Thank you.

dang

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Some changes can be made in your CSS, instead of the gallery description. You'll need to figure out which section you want to change, and write it into the code. For overall changes (example font-style: italic) they can be added within the entire group of this section:
Code: Select all
DIV,TH,TR,TABLE,FONT,LI,UL,FORM,
BLOCKQUOTE,P,B,I,H1,H2,H3,H4,H5,FONT, CENTER
{
  font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 10pt;
  color: white;

For specific section changes, read the sticky post written by Arjun: http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=13408

lorraine1

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Thanks, Dang.
I'm afraid that's all double dutch to me and I don't have firefox anyway. I just can't grasp it at all.

I've also read all the other tutes I can find on here, but nothing actually covers my problem.

I do know a little about html but I'm darned if I can figure out why changing to italic or changing the size should change the colour. :cry:

dang

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 am

There's plenty written with Pbase specifics, it's just looking in the right places: http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/css_guide/ ... tylesheets

The fist link I supplied explains Firefox, and has links where to get it and how to use it. It's free, and makes the process much easier. I know it might seem a bit intimidating at first, but it's a lot easier than you first think.

lorraine1

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Oh, thanks, Dang. :D
That looks like something I CAN understand, :lol:

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Problem with Changing Text