Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Scrolling marquee compatibility in Pblog format?

HTML and Style Sheets

Scrolling marquee compatibility in Pblog format?

Customize your galleries.
rsbfotos

Scrolling marquee compatibility in Pblog format?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 pm

I might have uncovered something. I have just one Pblog gallery with two pages. A week ago I came across someone’s gallery that was using html scrolling marquee. Neat I thought, so decided to educate myself a little and try it. My Pblog gallery was the only place I thought might be a likely gallery.
http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/great_eggs_heist&page=1
I placed the html code in the 'description' box at the top of all the other text; got it running with no real trouble but did not check out the whole Pblog gallery afterwards.
For some reason I just visited my Pblog gallery and discovered page two was missing. The first thing I did was remove the scrolling marquee html code. See below.

<DIV ALIGN=CENTER>
<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=0" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="Slide" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="45" width="80%" loop="1" <B STYLE="color: #FFCC99; font-family: tahoma; font-size: 18pt">Nature’s Struggle of Life - - (The Great Eggs Heist)
</marquee></B>

With the marquee code removed, page two returned. I rechecked by adding the marquee code back, and page two disappeared. Remove it and page two reappears.

Is there some coding I have not done properly? or is this just an "incompatibility" issue with the Pblog format?

=====================
10kzoomfz
You can’t see the forest, when you sneeze.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

shawnkraus

Re: Scrolling marquee compatibility in Pblog format?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 pm

I tried this experiment and came up with the same results using your code.
I was given a blank second page.
I then added one small change to your code and my images showed up.
I noticed your code had no closing statement to the "DIV" code.

revised code below
Code: Select all
<DIV ALIGN=CENTER>
<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=0" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="Slide" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="45" width="80%" loop="1" <B STYLE="color: #FFCC99; font-family: tahoma; font-size: 18pt">Nature’s Struggle of Life - - (The Great Eggs Heist)
</marquee></B></DIV>

I hope this helps.
--Shawn

rsbfotos

Re: Scrolling marquee compatibility in Pblog format?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Shawn,
Thanks for the reply. That was the problem.

The reason I didn't close the <DIV> on the marquee paragraph was because another following paragraph, my original, opens and closes a <DIV> statement. So I figured that paragraph's closing </DIV> would take care off it. That would have been OK except that what I had total was,

<DIV> marguee code <DIV> (from the) original code </DIV>

What will fix the problem is either 'adding' a </DIV> statement for the marquee code OR 'removing' the <DIV> statement from the original code paragraph.

Thanks again for your help.

------------------------------------------
10kzoomfz
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Scrolling marquee compatibility in Pblog format?