Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Stylesheet browser compatability

HTML and Style Sheets

Stylesheet browser compatability

Customize your galleries.
mike_batty

Stylesheet browser compatability

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 am

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that with some member's stylesheets the layout doesn't stay the same when using different browsers (such as IE and Firefox). Is there any way of making sure the layout stays the same over a variety of different browsers when designing a new stylesheet?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

dang

Re: Stylesheet browser compatability

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:26 am

mike_batty wrote:Hi everyone,

I've noticed that with some member's stylesheets the layout doesn't stay the same when using different browsers (such as IE and Firefox). Is there any way of making sure the layout stays the same over a variety of different browsers when designing a new stylesheet?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I wish there was, but there's not. IE was, is, and will probably remain being a pain for some time to come. The best you can do is check your style sheet with each browser, and compromise. It's also a good idea to check with different screen resolutions. I've often ran into galleries with 5, or more thumbs across, which forces anyone using lower resolutions to scroll.

mike_batty

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Thanks for confirming that, Dang. Now I know when I make my stylesheet that it's not me doing something wrong! :mrgreen:

dang

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:28 pm

You're welcome, hope it helps.
Btw, enjoyed browsing your galleries. Thanks for posting.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Stylesheet browser compatability