Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets A banner/slideshow problem I'm stuck on!

HTML and Style Sheets

A banner/slideshow problem I'm stuck on!

Customize your galleries.
franpurdy

Re: A banner/slideshow problem I'm stuck on!

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 pm

That's fine - I've only changed the root, I'm happy to not think about the rest for now.

eta: just seen you've added to your post. I've even more confused now - this (below) is what I see as my root page. I haven't named any images - there's not even any images IN the portraits and pets galleries - they're in folders in the inbox. (I still see that line when I'm logged out as well). And there's most definitely a slideshow in there.

hang on - let me move the photo...

dang

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Okay,
Great, I forgot I had java script turned off, and your slide shows working great. Yes, the "Root" is perfect!
Now, here's the next step.
1. Make a "main" gallery, and move the images from your root into it.
2. Place a 1x1px image into the root, and remove the file name so it doesn't show. That should remove the links below the slide show. :wink:

franpurdy

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:08 pm

OK, have moved all the galleries into another gallery I've named 'main' (they were in the inbox previously)

I'm a bit stuck where to put the 1px image though - if I try to put it in the 'root' gallery it uploads it to the 'inbox' - is that right? I never did understand the inbox. I'll do that and move it to the root - is that right?

aargh - or maybe not...
You can not move images into your root gallery.
Last edited by franpurdy on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dang

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:10 pm

That will work fine. :)

franpurdy

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:12 pm

See my edit! :(

jenga

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:06 pm

I've changed the redirection, so franpurdy.com goes to the root page now.

dang

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Good, that's the best way to do it.
Now, about your question concerning a background image...

You can add one that's stationary, or moves as you roll down the page. A basic way is as such:
Code: Select all
background:  #4F3A22 fixed url(http://www.pbase.com/dang/image/12345678.jpg) repeat-x top left;

The # is the typical page color, the fixed can be removed so it floats. And the repeat can be removed, helpful for a logo in a corner if you aren't wanting the image to cover the entire background.

On moving images, not sure why you can't. You can even upload an image into your root gallery directly if wanted. Just go to the gallery you want to upload to, and you'll see the upload button.

Anyway, think we've gotten it worked out now. :)

jenga

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:22 pm

I don't remember asking about a background image* :? I don't think it really needs one - I've got the logo in the banner, and I think it might be overkill. Thanks though - I'll certainly try it if I think of anything.

Aah - do you mean when I referenced Jypsee's gallery as an example? I just meant fitting in the banner/text/slideshow in the right places and it was the first gallery I stumbled across that had that layout. Nope, what you've done is fine for me, thanks.

dang

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Laughing....
Guess I've been coding all day, and my eyes are about shot! :lol:

Hope everythings working like you want now. Give a yell if there's anything else.

Previous

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets A banner/slideshow problem I'm stuck on!