Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Half a Profile Page

HTML and Style Sheets

Half a Profile Page

Customize your galleries.
waggonerphotos

Half a Profile Page

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:16 am

I was trying to alter the appearance of my profile page and entered an @import url command in the message box. When I updated the message box, everything from the message box title bar disappeared.
Using the FF Web Dev tool bar I can find and eliminate the faulty command line in the html editor and can see the bottom half of my profile page along with the random photos which are being updated but I can not find a way to eliminate that command line on the actual profile page to restore the full page view.
Any help greatly appreciated :D
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

dang

Re: Half a Profile Page

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:13 am

Hi Bob,
I'm not sure exactly what you're missing, unless you're talking about the "upload" section at the bottom. But, the import url is showing on the page which it shouldn't. This might be part of the problem. Are you adding the full import code as such?
Code: Select all
<style>@import url("http://css.pbase.com/styles/98060.css?t=1181552345");</style>

So you'll know, the sheet imported in this code removes the random photos intentionally. :wink:

waggonerphotos

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:42 am

Hi Dang
Thanks for the comeback! Yes, I did add the code exactly as you wrote it, but I didn't know it would remove the random shots. Right now I would like to know how to remove the import code altogether so I can write a different style sheet for import. When I bring up my profile page in FF, the last thing visible is the message box title bar. Anyway, I'd like to start over if that's possible.
Bob Waggoner

dang

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:03 am

Click the edit message link, and remove the code then click update: http://www.pbase.com/profile?view=edit_message :wink:

Oh, this reminds me... In the future if you see something like this happens, use your back button to get back in. We've all done it.

waggonerphotos

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:17 am

I'm impressed. Worked like a charm. Don't know how you learned these tricks but hope to catch on one of these days. In the meantime THANK YOU!!!!
Bob Waggoner

dang

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:24 am

You're very welcome, glad it helped. :)

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Half a Profile Page