Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Page looks differnt in FF & IE

HTML and Style Sheets

Page looks differnt in FF & IE

Customize your galleries.
waggonerphotos

Page looks differnt in FF & IE

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 am

I've redone both my profile page and root gallery, to achieve a similar look. In FF they both look fine but in IE the black header containing "Waggoner Photos" on the profile page is not wide enough. If I adjust the width to accommodate IE, it is then too wide in FF. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate the advice. I've burned up about two days trying to solve this one. :roll:
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

rollosphotos

Re: Page looks differnt in FF & IE

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:29 pm

/
Last edited by rollosphotos on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

waggonerphotos

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:53 pm

Thank you for your response! I think I was getting close to pulling my hair out. I corrected many of my errors by using an online free css validator http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/that reads and reports on the css applied to whatever url you enter. With regard to the black border at the top, I went thru my css one line at a time and found one line that was not needed in FF but messed up IE. By deleting it, voila! problem solved.

I also thank you for the additional resources! I think it would be useful if their was a forum where members could share the resources they find on the web. Bob
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

doady

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:05 am

In the past, I had to have both an a.thumbnail class and an a.td.thumbanil class in my CSS just so the output would be same in both IE and FF. However, in my current version it only has one version of a.thumbnail so it only works 100% in FF but not in IE. I have just been too lazy to change it. It is not my fault that IE is a shitty browser.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Page looks differnt in FF & IE