HTML and Style Sheets

background color in profile

Customize your galleries.
max_privette

background color in profile

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:15 pm

hello to all !

i hope you can help me ...
i want to know if i can change the white background color of the profile page to black ...
thx ...

waggonerphotos

Re: background color in profile

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

<Style>@import Url("http://css.pbase.com/styles/16273.css");</style>

I hope this gets you headed in the right direction. To alter your Profile Page you have to import a style sheet into it. The above line of code contains your style sheet at Pbase, the one used on your Root Gallery. This can be found by right clicking on the page and selecting "View Information", then looking at about the 2nd line down - you will see the http etc part.

By going to your Profile Page you could enter the above line of code into your "Edit Message" box and be sure to update. This may or may not produce the results you're looking for.

If not, you can use the Web Developer bar in the Firefox Browser to make non destructive changes to the style sheet until you have what you want.When you do copy it, go to a gallery edit page and create a new style sheet. With this done, apply it temporarily to one of your galleries. Go to that gallery and apply the new style sheet. Open that gallery, right click and select "view information" to get the style sheet number Pbase has applied to your new sheet. Copy that into the above line of code and enter it in the edit message box. Don't forget to change your gallery back to it's original syle sheet.

I just went thru this and with the help of "Dang" and others I was able to figure it out. Good Luck! :D
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

max_privette

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:53 am

Thanks a lot ...
you help me understand css ...

waggonerphotos

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:01 am

You are very welcome. You did a nice job on your profile page.
Check your PM! :D :D :D
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets background color in profile