Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Thumbnails on right?

HTML and Style Sheets

Thumbnails on right?

Customize your galleries.
scotts007

Thumbnails on right?

Post Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 am

I have found CSS code to completely remove thumbnails from a gallery. But what I would prefer to do, is have the thumbnails to the right of the User description. Essentially have the layout of the page be 2 columns. The left being the page description, and the right column containing two columns of thumbnails. Is what I am describing possible, and if so, can someone give me some tips on how to do it? Thank You.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything similiar in a search of the forum.

Thanks again,
Scott

dang

Re: Thumbnails on right?

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 am

scotts007 wrote:I have found CSS code to completely remove thumbnails from a gallery. But what I would prefer to do, is have the thumbnails to the right of the User description. Essentially have the layout of the page be 2 columns. The left being the page description, and the right column containing two columns of thumbnails. Is what I am describing possible, and if so, can someone give me some tips on how to do it? Thank You.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything similiar in a search of the forum.

Thanks again,
Scott

Hi Scott,
All I can suggest is, you don't want to go there...
While it's probably possible, you're talking such an extreme hack you'd spend more time messing with getting it to work than anyone would want to try. There's a couple of other things you might try within settings that might give you similar results without a lot of problems. In your gallery settings, you can set the number of thumbs to 2, and (if I recall right) you can change settings (somewhere, check the help section) to display photo description to the side. The problem I think you'll run across with this, is when you add a lot of text, it pushes the thumbs further downward. The other, closest option is to use the "Pblog" gallery style, though it uses medium size thumbs of 1 instead.

scotts007

Re: Thumbnails on right?

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 am

dang wrote:Hi Scott,
All I can suggest is, you don't want to go there...
While it's probably possible, you're talking such an extreme hack you'd spend more time messing with getting it to work than anyone would want to try. There's a couple of other things you might try within settings that might give you similar results without a lot of problems. In your gallery settings, you can set the number of thumbs to 2, and (if I recall right) you can change settings (somewhere, check the help section) to display photo description to the side. The problem I think you'll run across with this, is when you add a lot of text, it pushes the thumbs further downward. The other, closest option is to use the "Pblog" gallery style, though it uses medium size thumbs of 1 instead.

Thanks Dang. I was hoping there would be an easy way that I didn't know about it, but Oh well.

Thanks again,
Scott

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Thumbnails on right?