Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Changing font color & size in description in marque

HTML and Style Sheets

Changing font color & size in description in marque

Customize your galleries.
cits_4_pets

Changing font color & size in description in marque

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:20 am

I have wanted to change my scrolling marque font color to orange & bold but nothing happens. I have tried the following codes in the description.

[b][color=#FF8000]<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="SCROLL" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="30" Be sure to see bottom of photo to see Mellow peeking out & wishing you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN</marquee>[/color][b]

<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="SCROLL" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="30" <font=color #F8000 font-weight:bold> Be sure to see bottom of photo to see Mellow peeking out & wishing you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN</marquee>

http://www.pbase.com/image/105313264 is the image.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

pinemikey

Re: Changing font color & size in description in marque

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:56 am

Go with

Code: Select all
p.caption {color:orange;
font-weight : bold;}

Somewhere in your CSS...however bright colors on grey backgrounds don't usually go well, so maybe you should also add a background color. Also a small note...on some computers with good horsepower or fast internet connections that message goes by pretty fast, so I would suggest you slow it down a little in your html code

Hope it helps

rsbfotos

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:09 pm

cits_4_pets wrote:I have wanted to change my scrolling marque font color to orange & bold but nothing happens. I have tried the following codes in the description.

[b]<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="SCROLL" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="30" Be sure to see bottom of photo to see Mellow peeking out & wishing you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN</marquee>[b]

<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="SCROLL" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="30" <font=color #F8000 font-weight:bold> Be sure to see bottom of photo to see Mellow peeking out & wishing you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN</marquee>

http://www.pbase.com/image/105313264 is the image.

I'm no expert by any measure but use the marque on one blog style gallery I have.
See here -> http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/great_eggs_heist

In your 2nd example code, instead of "<font=color #F8000 font-weight:bold>"

try this form "<B STYLE="color: #FFCC99; font-family: tahoma; font-size: 18pt">".

I think the problem is primarily the missing "B STYLE=" code. And at the end of your marque message close it all with "</marquee></B>"

Try this code and change the font color, font family and font size to your preference.

================== TEST === TEST ==== TEST ==============
<marquee scrollamount="3" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" onmouseout="this.scrollAmount=3" behavior="SCROLL" truespeed="TRUE" scrolldelay="30" "<B STYLE="color: #FFCC99; font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold"> Be sure to see bottom of photo to see Mellow peeking out & wishing you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN</marquee></B>
================== TEST === TEST ==== TEST ==============

Hope it works for you.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

cits_4_pets

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm

10kzoomfz,
Yes, it works! Looks better all in orange instead of just the Happy Halloween in orange. Thanks for the 'Test'
I edited the speed by looking at your marque code. Thanks so much!
Flo
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

rsbfotos

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Hello Flo,
I only know / understand a little html and it's all from seeing and copying code from others here on PBase. I will sometimes change part of a code to see what it will do.

Do you know that if the numeral "1" of your code ( onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=1" ) is changed to a "0", then whenever someone's mouse lands on it the scrolling will stop instead of slowing down, then continue with the normal scrolling speed when the mouse (over) is removed?

Glad everything all worked for you.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Changing font color & size in description in marque