Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets selectors hierarchy in CSS

HTML and Style Sheets

selectors hierarchy in CSS

Customize your galleries.
dbenyakar

selectors hierarchy in CSS

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that when using the WebDev tool bar and activating the 'View Style Information' option and hovering over, say, thumbnail font, there is
a hierarchy of selectors that is displayed in the title bar of the style information.

For example: html>body>div #page-1>div.thumbnails>center>table>tbody>tr>td.thumbnail>font

Where are the rules that define the font to be inside the td.thumbnail? Or some CSSs I've noticed that the font is replaced by 'b' tbody>tr>td.thumbnail>b

Im asking this because when I want to change the td.thumbnail font color to a different color, it does not change when modifying the font selector color.

Hope my question is clear cause this is very frustrating.

Danny

rollosphotos

Re: selectors hierarchy in CSS

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:02 pm

/
Last edited by rollosphotos on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbenyakar

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:50 am

I see what you mean but I noticed that some there are different sections in the page that use the same font selector.

for example the top menu bar (the one that show Profile>>Guestbook>>Recont ) use the 'b' selector as the font 'controller' but also the page navigator
uses the same b selector.

I would like to change that the control them with separate selectors so I can set the to menu such that it will not affect other parts that use b.

How can I do that?

rollosphotos

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:40 pm

/
Last edited by rollosphotos on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbenyakar

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:28 am

Ok, this solves one problem of mine where now I can manipulate only the td.thumbnail font by overwriting a selector.

But now to the other related problem in this page of mine: http://www.pbase.com/dbenyakar/others

If I want to change the top menu bar (Daniel Ben-Yakar| Profile | All Galleries>>Others ) that uses the 'b' selector it changes also the navigator where it says page '1' that also uses b selector (pages 1 2 ALL).

Now I would like to leave the '1' as is but only manipulate the menu bar in order to reduce that font size and make the font smaller.

This is something that I dont understand how to do.

Danny

rollosphotos

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:58 pm

/
Last edited by rollosphotos on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbenyakar

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Rollosphotos thank you very much.
Great help.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets selectors hierarchy in CSS