Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets help needed re stylesheet and monitor calibration

HTML and Style Sheets

help needed re stylesheet and monitor calibration

Customize your galleries.
chezzyr

help needed re stylesheet and monitor calibration

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:33 am

Hi folks

I use the "alexc" style sheet for my pbase site and it has always appeared a brown color to me. Can anybody tell me what the real color of the alexc style is?
The reason I ask is that I got a new monitor today and when I plugged it in my pbase site looked dark blue, not the brown color that I am used to.
On my partner's laptop (which has not been calibrated) it looked dark brown/charcoal - almost black. Other than that the color of the images
looked quite ok on his laptop.

When I tried to 'calibrate' my new monitor using Adobe Gamma my site came up a more purple/red color. I am really confused about what alexc is
really suppose to look like. I would appreciate any advice, it might save me going bald. Thankyou.

flemmingbo

Re: help needed re stylesheet and monitor calibration

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:25 am

Hi,

The background colour of Alexc is:

Code: Select all
  background-color: #333333;

Meaning a neutral dark grey. So the real colour should be grey with no blue or red tint. This is the problem though, with any non calibrated screen they will mostly always be too cold (blueish tint to everything) or too warm (red, brown tint to everything).

You can try adjusting it by eye, but the only proper way is to buy a screen calibrator. Now if only the entire world had a calibrated screen so we could be sure they wouldn't view our photos on a screen with a widely wrong white balance :(

Flemming
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets help needed re stylesheet and monitor calibration