Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Slide Show chopping off top portion of images FIXED

HTML and Style Sheets

Slide Show chopping off top portion of images FIXED

Customize your galleries.
imorozoff

Slide Show chopping off top portion of images FIXED

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:26 pm

My slide show is chopping off the top bit of each image.
From what I've read, I should be able to correct this by adding spaces infront of the table holder.

I've tried so many variations, I'm now just going around in circles and have yet to solve the problem.
This is what's in my Description field. Does anyone see what might be causing the problem or where I should add the 'br' tag?

With many thanks!!!

<TR>
<TD vAlign=top><table id="inline_slideshow" style="width: 800px; height: 400px;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0";><tr>
<tbody><td style="text-align: center; horizontal-align: center;vertical-align: middle;">
SLIDESHOW(106729881, 105955456, 106134553, 103940403, 100325090, 96809520, 95509903, 96989295 size=medium, delay=3, loop=yes)
</td></tr>
</tbody></table>
</TR>
Last edited by imorozoff on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dang

Re: Slide Show chopping off top portion of images

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi Inga,
With your photos being landscape... It looks fine to me using Firefox, which browser are you viewing with?

If you need breaks, I think they'd be added below the navigation, and before the slide show section:
Code: Select all
</tr></tbody></table></td></tr><!--- menu ends here ---><br><br>

:wink:

imorozoff

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:54 pm

dang wrote:Hi Inga,
With your photos being landscape... It looks fine to me using Firefox, which browser are you viewing with?

I'm using IEv7

Thank you for your reply, however adding the 'br' tag after the menu thing didn't seem to do much of anything. I'm sure this is just a silly misplacement of a tag or two.

For simplcity, I've removed all images from the slide show except for two that clearly show it's chopping off about 5% along the top edge.
This can be seen when you look at my signature.
Wierd.

Also, how can I elimnate the white specs that are showing up? I beleive that I have to give it a black background, but am uncertain how to do that.
Any tips for that issue would be appreciated.

dang

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:07 pm

imorozoff wrote:
dang wrote:Hi Inga,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using IEv7
For simplcity, I've removed all images from the slide show except for two that clearly show it's chopping off about 5% along the top edge.
This can be seen when you look at my signature.
Wierd.

Also, how can I elimnate the white specs that are showing up? I beleive that I have to give it a black background, but am uncertain how to do that.
Any tips for that issue would be appreciated.

I haven't messed with the slide show for a long time now, but seems it works best if all images are the same size. Otherwise, this can happen. Usually white specks are associated with style sheets which uses the Microsoft DX Transform statement, and viewing full size images in browsers other than IE. I wasn't aware there was a problem with background color for the slide show, and didn't notice spots viewing your page with Firefox. I haven't updated to IE7, since I never use it... But if I find time in the next few days I'll see if I can recall the area you'd need to add to your CSS to add background color behind the images.

Hopefully someone else will know though, since it might be awhile.

imorozoff

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:14 pm

dang wrote:...it works best if all images are the same size.

Yeah, they're all the same size.
Hopefully someone else can jump in with an idea or two.

As for the white dots, They only show up on the slideshow and not the originals. Although, it's not particularily attractive I can live with it for the time being.

Thanks for the help. It's appreciated.

imorozoff

Re: Slide Show chopping off - FIXED

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:27 pm

After much fiddle-farting around, I fixed it by changing the cellpadding switch from zero to 50.
Here's my final code in the description field of the root gallery:

<!----slide show starts here --->
<TR>
<table id="inline_slideshow" style="width: 800px; height: 400px" cellpadding=50>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="text-align: center; horizontal-align: center;vertical-align: middle;">
SLIDESHOW(slideshow, delay=3)
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</TR>
<!----slide show ends here--->

Now to try and fix the white dots showing up....

exposed

preventing Slideshow acting as link to images gallery

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Apart from the slideshow clipping, is it also possible to disable the slideshow behaving as a link to the gallery from which images are displayed?

I am using the following for my slideshow (view it a http://www.pbase.com/exposed ) if you need to check it out.

<TD vAlign=top>
SLIDESHOW(slides, size=medium, delay=6, link=image, loop=yes)
</TD>

(view it a http://www.pbase.com/exposed if you need to check it out )

shawnkraus

Re: Slide Show chopping off top portion of images FIXED

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Yes it is possible simply change the words "link=image" to "link=none".

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Slide Show chopping off top portion of images FIXED