Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets PayPal Shopping Cart

HTML and Style Sheets

PayPal Shopping Cart

Customize your galleries.
jlawrencephotography

PayPal Shopping Cart

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:02 am

I went through the steps called out in Pbasewiki to set up a shopping cart an dit works wekk except for one problem.

The Wiki said that the variables for Item Name/Service (IMAGE_TITLE()) and ITEM ID/Number (IMAGE_ID()) would be replaced by the actual image title and image number in the PayPal order. I typed in these variables as instructed by the wiki but when I checked out in a trial run, I didn't get the actual image name and number in the order. What was printed out instead in the order was the names "IMAGE_TITLE()" and "IMAGE_ID()", not the names I expected, like Blue Mesa reservoir 12345678. What happened or what did I do wrong?

Thanks
"The mountains are calling and I must go", John Muir

Jim Lawrence
Photographing Nature's Images
http://www.pbase.com/jlawrencephotography

rollosphotos

Re: PayPal Shopping Cart

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:15 pm

/
Last edited by rollosphotos on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jlawrencephotography

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:08 pm

rollosphotos wrote:Jim,

You would need to have the "variables" in the paypal code you insert into the description area. I do not see the variables when I view your code, where did you put them? Here's an example that might help you

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="IMAGE_TITLE()"><input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="IMAGE_ID()">

best wishes,

Christina,

I assumed that what they meant was when the code saw "IMAGE_TITLE()", the code would look in the Title area of the image itself and substitute the title for "IMAGE_TITLE()". Was that an incorrect assumption? It sounds like you are saying I have to put the code you supplied above in the description box on the root page, since the image page does not have a Description Box. Do I also have to put all my image descriptions in the Description box also? I am thinking not. I am not a software guru, so bear with me. I'll try inserting the code you supplied in the root page description box. Thanks.

Jim

Jim Lawrence

jlawrencephotography

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:32 pm

jlawrencephotography wrote:
rollosphotos wrote:Jim,

You would need to have the "variables" in the paypal code you insert into the description area. I do not see the variables when I view your code, where did you put them? Here's an example that might help you

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="IMAGE_TITLE()"><input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="IMAGE_ID()">

best wishes,

Christina,

I assumed that what they meant was when the code saw "IMAGE_TITLE()", the code would look in the Title area of the image itself and substitute the title for "IMAGE_TITLE()". Was that an incorrect assumption? It sounds like you are saying I have to put the code you supplied above in the description box on the root page, since the image page does not have a Description Box. Do I also have to put all my image descriptions in the Description box also? I am thinking not. I am not a software guru, so bear with me. I'll try inserting the code you supplied in the root page description box. Thanks.

Jim

It worked after I figured out the above code had to be inserted into the PayPal generated code. Thanks for your help. :D

Jim Lawrence

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets PayPal Shopping Cart