Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Increase thumbnail size?

HTML and Style Sheets

Increase thumbnail size?

Customize your galleries.
victoriastamm

Increase thumbnail size?

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 am

Is there a way to increase the size of the thumbnails in the root gallery and then with in a gallery? As screen sizes increase the thumbnail defaults start looking too small.
Thank you

dremeaux

Re: Increase thumbnail size?

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Thumbnails on pbase are way, way too small, which is becoming increasingly apparent as competing services such as Flickr, Facebook, and Google Plus continue to make their thumbnails bigger and bigger. The disparity has gotten so huge that I'm very close to simply closing my account and moving to a newer service; looking at a pbase page today makes it feel like we are still stuck in 2005.

Oh and, in case it's not obvious, the answer is "no" :)

dremeaux

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:11 am

4 months later, I've figured out a way to do it, though it's not particularly simple:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46657

mardoli

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

dremeaux wrote:4 months later, I've figured out a way to do it, though it's not particularly simple:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46657

Right you are. It’s not particularly simple, even though neither too complicated. But unluckily it’s not too effective.
It works in Firefox and probably also in Chrome, while it doesn’t work at all in IE9.
If you consider that a huge number of people still use Internet Explorer, it’s quite frustrating for them and disappointing for you that all what they can see is a blank page without any thumbnail of any dimension.
Then , as far as I have understood also in the browsers where the CSS you created works, it’s necessary to edit manually the CSS every time one uploads a new picture, so it’s a bit time consuming and not that handy at all.
I agree with you that the thumbnails by default of PBase are a bit too small, and I appreciate your attempt to find a solution, but I’m afraid that so far it’s still better to keep on with the old system, that at least allows us to upload quickly new photos to our gallery, without any further intervention to edit the CSS every time, and makes the page visible in all browsers.
It was very interesting anyway to see your procedure.
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Increase thumbnail size?