HTML and Style Sheets

my pictures

Customize your galleries.
samikosemi

my pictures

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 pm

hi ,

i need help with my photos ....

there something wrong with my photos they are not in the place there are soppouse to be ...

please help me !

http://www.pbase.com/samikosemi
thanks

samikosemi

Re: my pictures

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 pm

i mean inside ... click on on picture and see

mardoli

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Could you try to explain your problem in more details? I went to your galleries and I could see the photos. I'm afraid I cannot understand what you mean exactly. What I have noticed is that you have adopted a personalized CSS which should need to be tweaked, because it has flaws mostly in the comment section. It's a matter of value of margin, I think.
Personally I find a little hard navigating in your pages, because one remains trapped in your home page and cannot go directly to other Pbase pages, but maybe it's just a matter of personal choices.

Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

samikosemi

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 pm

I will try again
Maybe I have a problem with Margins in the top of the pictures I can not see the "next" bottom

Can you help me ?

mardoli

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Well, in my opinion most of the problems are due to the fact that you modified the CSS in order to not make the buttons of PBase visible at the top of your page. The lines of commands you used for that, simply upset the original structure of the page and introduced a negative value of the top margin. This way you don’t make the PBase buttons visible anymore, but you create also a certain mess in the appearance of your page, with the photos pushed up to the top border of the screen and superposed lines in the comment section.
My suggestion is to change your CSS.
Then I noticed also that your pages, the way they are now look different in all the main different browsers, they are average in IE, but the comment section is really messy in FF and Chrome.
I don’t know if you have created the CSS from scratch or you have copied it from a pattern. In all cases it should need to be fixed.
Best wishes
Marisa
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

samikosemi

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 am

first , thanks for your help .
second, i know i have a problem i made this css by myself with some help from friends and some forums , i just made it few days ago and i didn't have a lot of experience as you saw ...

i know i have some problems like you said but i didn't find where .... that's why i wrote it.
so i asking from someone to find what i made wrong

thanks again

mardoli

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 am

I'd be glad to help you, but first of all I'd need to know your priorities. I think you don't want that the default buttons, which allow to navigate through Pbase and are at the top of the page are visible in your galleries. To prevent those default buttons from being visible you added in your CSS this section
Code: Select all
TABLE {
   BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-TOP: -27px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 7px;
    FONT: 12px verdana, arial, sans-serif; BORDER-LEFT: 0px;
     COLOR:  #5B5B65; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px
}
TABLE.luis {
   BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px;
    FONT: 12px verdana, arial, sans-serif; BORDER-LEFT: 0px;
     COLOR:  #5B5B65; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px
}
FONT {
   BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; FONT: 12px verdana, arial, sans-serif;
    BORDER-LEFT: 0px; COLOR:  #E0FFFF; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px
}

If you delete this section from your CSS the button are visible, but at least all the settings of your pages are back to normal and the photos and the comment section are not misplaced
the problem was in that
-27px as value for margin-top.

If you really don't want to show the navigation bar at the top of your page
you might try this code instead.
It was created by another member of Pbase, Arjun, and in my opinion works much better
Code: Select all
/* --- simple code to hide the menu -- */
/* -- by arjun -- */
body table td a img
{ display:none;}
.thumbnails table img
{display:none;}
table img
{display:block;}
.display,.display img
{display:block;}
.thumbnails table,.thumbnails table img, .display,p.small
{
display: inline;
body div.galleryheader table td a img {display:inline;}
}

Deleted the two section of CSS I posted above and at their place add in your CSS the Arjun's code.
I think that some of your problems should be solved like that.
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

samikosemi

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 am

hi ,
it works great all the pictures are in the right place the place for comment also but, my bar in the top and the pbase bar still locates in the top so ....

what and where do i need to put the code in order to make it invisibile or visible only for me ( it's better )

thanks again

mardoli

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm glad it worked for you.

As for you further question, if you want that the navigation bar of Pbase at the top of the page is not visible, is it possible, but it will be invisible also for you, it's not possible to make it invisible only for the visitors, but visible for you.

So you have to decided if you want to see the navigation bar of Pbase or not.

If you don't want to have the visible navigation bar at the top of your pages, you can , as I have already written in my former post, add the code I have given you, the one create by Arjun , at the top of your CSS. It will make the navigation bar invisible without changing the rest of the page and the position of your photos.
I hope it can help.
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

samikosemi

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

thanks for your help

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets my pictures