Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets File Names

HTML and Style Sheets

File Names

Customize your galleries.
kheusser

File Names

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi

What if I dont want the file name listed next to the photo, how do I get that off?

Thanks

Kris H

PS Also while Im at it if I want to move the photos around in different orders how do i do that within a gallery?

dw_thomas

Re: File Names

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 am

The file name is used as a default title. If you use the 'Edit Image' function, you can name the image anything you want. Using a single space for a title will give you a blank title field (I think I recall a zero length entry not working for that).

As to sequence, assuming you are using the 'Drag and Drop' editor, just click the 'Contents' tab. this will show a stream of images in their current order. You can then click on an image and drag it to where you want it. (An arrow will appear on one edge or the other of a target image location as you drag to that location. You can place the image to the right or the left of another image that way.

I like to think this is all explained somewhere in PBase help, but I do recall some of the help info is a bit behind where the utilities currently are.

DaveT

kheusser

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Im sorry I dontd understand what you mean by this:

Using a single space for a title will give you a blank title field

Where are you talking about?

Thanks
Kris

dw_thomas

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Actually, I just tried a totally empty line and it appeared to work, so a single space may not be necessary, just clearing out the filename.

Anyway, when you are in your gallery and click on an image thumbnail, you will get a larger presentation of just that one picture. Across the top, just below the blue PBase bar at the very top, is a sequence of links: "your name | all galleries >>xxxx >>yyyy >edit image" where xxxx and yyyy are deeper levels of subgalleries which may not exist or show depending on your gallery hierarchy. Clicking the "edit image" link takes you to an image edit page for the particular image you are viewing. There will be a thumbnail of the image in the top left corner.

Next to (right of) that thumbnail is a panel with a series of boxes:
A check box "Public Image" to make the image visible to anyone
A dialog box "Title" that is the one that defaults to your file name at upload. You can change that by typing in whatever you want -- or clearing it -- and clicking the 'Update image' button.
You can also via subsequent boxes, add a more detailed caption which will show in finer print under the title of your image.
You can also select or alter details of camera, lens and film. Those are typically filled in by the upload from digital cameras.
There is another dialog box 'Tech Notes' which will generally have exposure data filled in from the upload, assuming it is in the EXIF data of the file. You can add things there like a filter or other data.

No changes in any of those areas take effect until you do an 'Update Image'. You can change multiple entries, then do the update, but if you go to a next or previous image without updating, the changes are lost. (I mention that because I've tricked myself occasionally!)

Note: I recall you asked about changing CSS scripts, It occurs to me it could be possible a few of the special CSS scripts don't show that sequence of links -- although there must be some way to get there. I use a very simple custom script on my galleries and haven't been that adventuresome.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets File Names