Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Thumbnails

HTML and Style Sheets

Thumbnails

Customize your galleries.
kheusser

Thumbnails

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Is there a way to minimize the white space around my thumbnails? Also is there a way to increase the size of my thumbnails?

Thanks much.

Kris Heusser

mardoli

Re: Thumbnails

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:53 am

Hello!
As far as I know you cannot change the size of thumbnails. But you can rather easily customize your style sheet in order to have a smaller white space around them.
I don’t know if you are a little familiar with basic elements of CSS.
If you are not and you tell me what changes you would like to apply to your present Style Sheet, I’ll be glad to write the script for you.

Let me know

Best

Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

kheusser

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks So much! I really dont know HTML enough to do it at this point.

May I ask you first. How does this person make her images larger in her gallery?

I do know what is on my gallery homepage isnt the way I want it but I wamt to take a little time
to figure how I do want it if that is ok? Thanks again!

Kris H

kheusser

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

Opps forgot to add the link to the gallery I meant :)

Its this one

http://www.pbase.com/bracciodiferro/annalisa

Thanks

mardoli

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

You are welcome!
It’s because he chose the Pblog style, which is a different format which is available to post your galleries.
This way the thumbnails are bigger, but only 12 of them are visible for each page, then you have automatically another page.
To select that you have to go to the edit page of your gallery, you’ll see many cases and one of them is called “Template”. Here you have two options you might select. The first one is “Original” and the other one is “Pblog”.
Select “Pblog” and validate.
Then scroll down and open the menu of “Style sheet”.
In this side menu you’ll find a series of style sheets, called “ Pbase Pblog templates” choose one of them according to your tastes and validate.
Then your gallery will appear in Pblog mode and you’ll see the thumbnail bigger like in the gallery you mentioned.
If you chose the mode “Original” instead of “ Pblog” you can have much more thumbnail on the same pages, but they are all smaller.
I hope it can help.
Please feel free to ask. Maybe my explanations are very messy, but English is not my mother tongue
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

dw_thomas

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:11 am

You know, I was playing around with this a bit and sometimes I see an additional pulldown in the Gallery Details edit section for "Thumbnail size" -- but not always. Stranger yet, the pulldown offers a choice of 'small' or 'medium', but if I attempt to make it medium, it reverts to small when trying to update the gallery. Dare we suppose this is another "feature" trying to limp to life?!

I also found I don't see that choice with my custom CSS file, but do with the the PBase original files. Maybe it's because my file was created a number of years back -- or not.

And mardoli, you do far better with English than most Americans would do in your mother tongue!

DaveT

mardoli

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 am

dw_thomas wrote:You know, I was playing around with this a bit and sometimes I see an additional pulldown in the Gallery Details edit section for "Thumbnail size" -- but not always. Stranger yet, the pulldown offers a choice of 'small' or 'medium', but if I attempt to make it medium, it reverts to small when trying to update the gallery. Dare we suppose this is another "feature" trying to limp to life?!
DaveT

Hello, Dave!
The feature you found out is very intriguing. Mostly because you noticed that sometimes it appears, but in other occasions it’s not visible.
I have never noticed it, I have just tried to adopt in one of my galleries a Pbase original CSS just to make the test, but I could not see any option for the size of thumbnails when I’m in edit mode. Actually I have never seen a possible option before. But, as you wrote, even when you can see it by chance, it doesn’t affect the dimension of thumbnails at all, and your choice is back automatically to “small”.
We’ll see if it’s developed like a steady features in future….
Thank you for your encouraging remarks on my use of English ;^))
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Thumbnails