Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets modifying Pblog code w/Web Developer

HTML and Style Sheets

modifying Pblog code w/Web Developer

Customize your galleries.
karenmickleson

modifying Pblog code w/Web Developer

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 pm

An old travelogue of mine which used to link from my home Pbase page disappeared when mac.com disappeared. I saved it, and now want to use Pblog to reinstate it. It has 23 entries.

1) on the Edit This Gallery page for the Pblog, where it says 'multi-page gallery', there is a notation saying: * A maximum of 12 per page for PBlog template. Does this mean 12 entries per page? Should I make a fresh gallery page for each entry, or divide the 23 up between two pages of entries?

2) I am modifying the tarheel Pblog CSS, using Web Developer in Firefox--my first time using it.

I see how to save the code modifications in WD, which I did--to a text doc on my desktop.

But how do I get Pblog to change tarheel code to the new code I've made (on Web Developer) on the 'Edit This Gallery' page?

I already have my own CSS for my home PBase page. So when I select 'Edit', it will not allow me to edit this new Pblog code. It defaults to editing my homepage CSS, which I don't want to do. How do I proceed?

Are my questions clear?

Thanks,
Karen

karenmickleson

Re: modifying Pblog code w/Web Developer

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:05 am

Just a note to those who may be following this.

I *thought* I figured it out--to create a *new* CSS on the edit page. But somehow in the process of trying to do that, I managed to inadvertently erase all my code for my homepage, and the result is that I have to redo some parts of it. Not the end of the world, but something yet to be figured out.

Karen

mardoli

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Question # 1
You are right; it means that the format Pblog allows showing only 12 entries per page. So if your blog has 23 entries it will have two pages, the first one with 12 entries and the second one with 11 entries.
There is nothing else you can do to change that, as far as I know, the entries take place automatically, so as you add them they show the first one on the top and the others, when the number of 12 is reached, will be placed automatically in the second page and so on.
Question#2
When you have created the new CSS on Web Developer, modifying the original one, you can simply copy all the script and then you go to your gallery edit page, create a new CSS and you paste the copied code, then when you validate it, be sure to check the case “Pblog” at the top right of the edit page, by the CSS title case. Finally select for your Pblog the new personalized CSS you have created.
You can create all the CSS you want and to store them in your CSS directory.
When you are in edit mode in every gallery of yours, you can create a new CSS without affecting the one you already have for your home page, and then you can work on every CSS of yours and further modify them at your pleasure.
So before editing, create a new CSS, as I suggested above and give it a name, then you won’t have any troubles anymore.
I wonder if my answers are clear…
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

karenmickleson

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Thank you so much, Marisa. Your answers are crystal clear. I now have some work to do.

Best,
Karen

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets modifying Pblog code w/Web Developer