Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Linking to the Gallery Denied

HTML and Style Sheets

Linking to the Gallery Denied

Customize your galleries.
4dabirds

Linking to the Gallery Denied

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:31 pm

For whatever reason I get this warning plastered behind my images within a gallery despite not having made any changes to that gallery in forever. I've tried changing the style sheet in Edit Gallery, but that does nothing and I can't even view the style sheet background....just this obnoxious denial message. Help!

dw_thomas

Re: Linking to the Gallery Denied

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:02 pm

In a quick survey I only see that in your first (Newest Photos & Artwork) gallery; I did a view source and it looks as though you used a CSS file that has come through a couple of other people -- any chance the background image you used was in someone else's gallery and they have altered some configuration that shut off direct linking?

The background image specifies:

but at that level I can't tell who it belongs to. My trying to load it directly gets the same "Direct linking denied" error.

If the background is part of your own PBase gallery space, might you have disabled direct linking for the galley it's in? Dunno. I also seem to recall there was some problem with direct linking not too long ago.

Be of good cheer; it's all part of a PBase plan to exercise our brains to prevent Alzheimer's! :lol:

DaveT

enjayel

Re: Linking to the Gallery Denied

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Pbase switched to a new direct-linking cache in January - it could be that you deleted the image, so you now see the direct-linking-denied error

See Emily's response to another user on Jan 16:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47544&p=358761&hilit=direct+linking+denied+cache#p358761

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Linking to the Gallery Denied