Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Browsers

HTML and Style Sheets

Browsers

Customize your galleries.
tivoli

Browsers

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:22 am

I recently started thinking about changing browsers from IE and now I see that the top gallery page looks nothing like explorer does! I can't see the webdev complete rectangles. Is there a way to make it work? Thanks.

Susan

http://www.pbase.com/susanckd/galleries

arjunrc

Re: Browsers

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:31 pm

susanckd wrote:I recently started thinking about changing browsers from IE and now I see that the top gallery page looks nothing like explorer does! I can't see the webdev complete rectangles. Is there a way to make it work? Thanks.

Susan

http://www.pbase.com/susanckd/galleries

Susan, welcome to the world outside IE.
The CSS "filter:" lines that you have will not work with non-IE browsers.
If you are keen on these filters in the IE browser, make sure you also have "backup" code that will work with other browsers.

In other words, you have two options:

1. Remove all IE specific CSS code (mainly those filters)
2. Keep the IE filters to show up nice in IE and also add additional code which will look good in other browsers. As an example, in my CSS, for the gallery headings, I have specified a gradient using the filter command as well as have a background color of grey so that if the browser does not understand filters, it will show the background color.

Once you are done with that, you may also face several "minor" positioning issues between IE and non IE browsers but thats another story.
regds
arjun

tivoli

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:35 pm

Oh, that's just great! I'm using Opera, which I really like, but saw this in other browsers too. Another thing on the list. Can't WAIT till the ez stylesheet codes get released here, as I recently read in slug's post. I wonder if that can be addressed. I'm sure you'll here from me again, once I get a block of time to look at this. Thanks!

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Browsers