Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets new questions about background image and font imbedding

HTML and Style Sheets

new questions about background image and font imbedding

Customize your galleries.
jasmee98

new questions about background image and font imbedding

Post Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:51 pm

Hello all. I have officially signed up... paid in full :D , and have a couple of problems that I could not figure out.

1. I have linked an image in my css as a background. At home on my computer, everything works fine. However, at work, the image does not always show up. I also am using an image in my decriptions, which has the same problem. It is intermittant from computer to computer. All have XP and IE. when it happens I get the image placeholder, but no image.

I am linking off site... Would that cause the problem? I don't know how to upload an image on pbase without it showing up in the gallaries.

2. Is there a way to imbed a font on pbase? We don't have access to the header section of html do we?

Any help would be appreciated

Jay

srijith

Re: new questions about background image and font imbedding

Post Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:43 pm

1. I have linked an image in my css as a background. At home on my computer, everything works fine. However, at work, the image does not always show up. I also am using an image in my decriptions, which has the same problem. It is intermittant from computer to computer. All have XP and IE. when it happens I get the image placeholder, but no image.

I am linking off site... Would that cause the problem? I don't know how to upload an image on pbase without it showing up in the gallaries.

Seems to work great from here. Opera 7.20 and IE 6 on Win2K. Must be an IE/connection problem, though connection seems most like it.

2. Is there a way to imbed a font on pbase? We don't have access to the header section of html do we?

Nope. Strictly off limits :)

jasmee98

Post Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:08 pm

I originally had the background pic and title image stored on my free geocities server not realizing I could just put them here. I think they must block direct linking or something, because now that I moved the images here, I have had no problem.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets new questions about background image and font imbedding